Adopt your favourite Surrey green road!

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
ShaunGASGAS300

Re: Adopt your favourite Surrey green road!

Postby ShaunGASGAS300 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:25 pm

I will do priory lane in Frensham next to little ponds car park.

Think its priory lane?

MuddySully
400cc Thumper

Postby MuddySully » Fri May 27, 2016 7:33 am

Steve,

During the last club meet you suggested the idea to create districts or regions that would be made up of a collection of routes within that area. I think this idea is great and was wondering if each district could be managed by groups of TRF members with maybe one spokesperson representing the group when it came to reporting updates and maybe dealing with issues such as working with the council.

I have my name down for 21a (Haslemere/Thursley) and I noticed that 501 Thursley (Waverley) has Ian R assigned. This could be the beginning of one such group.
Peter

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Sat May 28, 2016 5:30 pm

Dear All

Thanks for the additional volunteers, I've added you to the lists.

As discussed at club night, I will carve up Surrey into "trail districts" and that will mean we have one or more volunteers covering a group of trails. This will make it easier to get full coverage of the County.

I will send out some more info on suggestions on what you can do to look after your adopted byway. I'll look at us setting up a dedicated thread on the forum.

I am also going to capture "good deeds" undertaken by TRF members, some (e.g. Brian) are our regularly making inspections. And on TonyR's thread there is a very good example
(https://forum.surreytrf.org.uk/viewtopi ... =12#p16546)
If we can capture all the good deeds we are doing, we can add up all the benefits we contribute, which comes in useful next time a nimby tries to close a road we use.

Thanks everyone who has supported this so far.

Steven

Return to “Political Rights Of Way News”