Pookles lane Alton

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
Toppsoff
350cc Veteran

Pookles lane Alton

Postby Toppsoff » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Does anyone know if this lane is now open to 2 wheels or is it still gated off??
Thanks James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
James Crawford

stevent
1150 adventurer

Pookles lane Alton

Postby stevent » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:10 pm

James

It may be shut as long as to May 2019.

It’s #27 in this Order
http://www3.hants.gov.uk/pnadetail?noticeUID=8235

It’s possible it’s opened earlier. But who kno s! I will make an enquiry with HCC and report back.

Thanks

Steven

stevent
1150 adventurer

Re: Pookles lane Alton

Postby stevent » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:23 pm

Dear All

After a number of email exchanges with Hampshire County Council, prompted by Ron Lumley and taken forward by John Vanuffle, HCC officers have reported they intend to reopen Pookles Lane.

Has anyone been and found it now open?

If it is open, this will be another mini victory for the TRF as John applied some gentle pressure, asking awkward legal questions.

Note that the email notifying us of the reopening contained a warning that they may close it again (see below).

We have made representations that they should consider measures to restrict irresponsible 4x4 use.

Thanks

Steven

Dear Mr Vannuffel

I am sorry for the few days delay in replying to you but I have been seeking advice from my traffic management colleagues regarding the questions you had raised about a permission system for your organisation and/or the TRO to be altered.

I have been advised to lift the closure, and an order will be placed with the County Council’s supply partner to remove the fence barriers from site.

The situation will be monitored however, and it may be found to be necessary to re-close the lane under the TRO still in hand should nuisance of damage become apparent.

Sincerely,

——-
Area Principal Engineer
Hampshire Highways

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:44 pm

I’ve heard from a Southern member that the barriers and signs remain in place. John Vanuffle our TRF Rights of Road Director will be getting onto HCC next week to find out when the route will be reopened.

Steven

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:00 pm

All

Just had a report that all barriers have been removed. This green road is now reopened.

Steven

Return to “Political Rights Of Way News”