Hello from SE London

New TRF members & those thinking of joining announce yourselves here.
ahayto
50cc Honda PC

Hello from SE London

Postby ahayto » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi All,

I have a KTM 200 EXC and have been dirt biking for around 10 months now. I've done about 7 enduro practice days and some green laning around Surrey and Kent.
I mapped these lanes out myself using a combination of Bing OS maps, Google street view and Bywaymaps.com

Apart from the obvious reason for joining the TRF - wanting to support the lanes, I want to ride more lanes and it's really hard to find them!

I'm planning a 4 day trip to Wales at the end of April to go laning but bywaymaps.com doesn't have many on there and its hard to find which ones we can ride on the OS maps.

Can anyone tell me how I can map out the lanes I can ride in Wales? Obviously it would be good to message some TRF members in wales and ask them to take us out but I can't expect that for 4 days.

Anyway i hope to join you on some local rides soon.

Dominic
500cc MXER

Re: Hello from SE London

Postby Dominic » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Hello and welcome..

We met an Exc 200 at the top of London Lane on Sunday afternoon... not you by any chance?

I've always been led around Wales so can't help directly but some of the guys go up there regularly and may be able to help. Your chances will increase massively after you join and your username goes green. It might be worth asking on the KTM forum too.

ahayto
50cc Honda PC

Postby ahayto » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:49 pm

It wasn't me though I was out on Friday in Surrey.

I joined yesterday.. how do I get my username green?

I emailed to get my trailwise registration too so hopefully when I get that, that will help me plan my route.

Dominic
500cc MXER

Postby Dominic » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:48 pm

See this post:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2074

Just give forum admin some time to turn the request around

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:20 pm

Welcome Ahayto