Tyres and Mousses

Post and discuss good dirt bike shops and garages
rodfallsinbog
50cc Honda PC

Re: Tyres and Mousses

Postby rodfallsinbog » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:15 am

Hi from Rod in the Kent TRF. Just having a look at your chat forum to see if I can get moussees (is that the plural?) from a readily available supplier - or a wholesaler who would give us a discount.
My own local group of 6 triders have had a puncture in the front and rear tyres over the past two weekends and mended them - then carried on with the ride. Between us we carry spare tubes, two tyre levers, a large adjustabloe spanner and other tools to get each wheel off - also a small electric pump that pugs straight onto the Optimate connecter to the battery. Changing tubes when it is lashing down with rain in a cold wind is an experience to be avoided if possible -even when done quickly by a group.

There have been a few trees and bushes down over the last few weeks including some Hawthorn branches that get submerged in the deep mud. Both punctures were caused by large thorns deep into the tyre. I think that the puncture problem is likely to become more frequent over the coming months. I have a mousse on the rear wheel but will now get one for the front. A few of us are doing the conversion and are looking for a supplier of mousses. I will let you know of anything that I find on-line.
Regards
Rod

Corky78
350cc Veteran

Postby Corky78 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:33 pm

Carrying the heavy old tyre levers is a real pain - anyone know of an alternative available?

I was thinking they might do a strong, rigid plastic version - lighter but still as tough. However, my search to date has not been a success :(
Corky

KTM 450 EXC 2006

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:06 pm

Get some Motion-Pro levers, they weigh about as much as a bag of crisps :lol:, and no need to carry spanners or adjustables to get the wheel off :D
and there a good lever to boot, but remember always use 3 :D , and don't forget the Windoline ( other window cleaning products are available :lol: )
Off the beaten track!.

enduro vet
50cc Honda PC

Postby enduro vet » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:01 pm

rodfallsinbog wrote:Hi from Rod in the Kent TRF. Just having a look at your chat forum to see if I can get moussees (is that the plural?) from a readily available supplier - or a wholesaler who would give us a discount.
My own local group of 6 triders have had a puncture in the front and rear tyres over the past two weekends and mended them - then carried on with the ride. Between us we carry spare tubes, two tyre levers, a large adjustabloe spanner and other tools to get each wheel off - also a small electric pump that pugs straight onto the Optimate connecter to the battery. Changing tubes when it is lashing down with rain in a cold wind is an experience to be avoided if possible -even when done quickly by a group.

There have been a few trees and bushes down over the last few weeks including some Hawthorn branches that get submerged in the deep mud. Both punctures were caused by large thorns deep into the tyre. I think that the puncture problem is likely to become more frequent over the coming months. I have a mousse on the rear wheel but will now get one for the front. A few of us are doing the conversion and are looking for a supplier of mousses. I will let you know of anything that I find on-line.
Regards
Rod

Hi Rod
I am a Wilts TRF member and we have done a discount now on Michelin Tyre + Mousse for some time ..
For example front M15 Mousse £85.62
Rear M14 £103.66

That saves you a few quid on the normal retail ,http://www.endurotyres.com/products/ but more importantly Mousse have a use by date , so do ask the seller what this is ! Sometimes you see them very cheap ?? and they have been on the shelf for some time ..
We have every off road tyre Michelin make on the shelf , but with Bid mousse you don't want to over stock for reasons above ..

We can courier to you no probs, also unless you have fitted mousse ?? Have alook at the Rabaconda we Import , demo video on our site too ;)

Cheers AL
endurotyres.com one of the largest selections of Michelin Dirt Bike tyres in the Country ,supplier to Such teams as Crescent KTM UK enduro , tel 01980 65 55 55 , 3 tyres next day Courier £10 ..Ps Don’t forget to ask for the Forum discount !!!

Return to “Suppliers & Service”