Updates - Taken From Club Night

Need help using the forum? Speak here. Forum updates announced here too.
Dave
250cc

Updates - Taken From Club Night

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:59 pm

Notes from club night:

1. Ride's And Meets section is very busy with ride posts, unrelated posts & old posts
2. Want a Ride's And Meets section aimed at Big Bikes
3. Want ability for better moderation of public posts
4. Forum calendar is wanted
5. Notifications for bigger upcoming events which can be lost in the Ride's And Meets secion (pop-up or something)

Work undertaken:

- Used moderator powers to sticky important events.
- Enabled pruning: Every 7 days the forum will automatically delete any topics which haven't been viewed within 31 days OR had new posts within 31 days.
- Used moderator powers to move unrelated topics to correct sections.

- Section for Big Bikes Rides & Meets created.

- Have ensured the REPORT THIS POST feature works and is correctly reported on the moderator control panel
- Creating a new Forum User Group for Moderators to enable authorised users to assist in moderating forum posts (not finished and will need to consult more with the big wigs how they want this set up)

- Investigating calendar as a viable mod for the forum.
- Calendar mod exists but is severely under developed and will require serious work to get working, but can be done. Alternative would be to migrate forum to VBulliten forum software which has this built in.

- Topics of interest have been stickied
- Would be solved with calendar mod implementation
- Am looking at possible (1 time) pop up for forum visitors to notify them of a new event.

In addition to this select Members, such as StevenT, are to be given access to the Global Message facility, which will email all registered users of the forum OR just vetted members of the TRF. (WIP will do soon).

Billy
woz bus pass

Re: Updates - Taken From Club Night

Postby Billy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:14 am

Well done `Special Dave`working away behind the scenes with little or no recognition. I feel that one of the reasons our Surrey group is so active/popular is down to this forum which is very much down to Dave. Well done knobhe@d.

kris
LIFE member

Postby kris » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:29 am

good on yah dave !

screw the updates ... just really glad the forum works 99% of the time !!

remember the bad old dayz .........................

Corky78
350cc Veteran

Postby Corky78 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:56 pm

Billy wrote:Well done `Special Dave`working away behind the scenes with little or no recognition. I feel that one of the reasons our Surrey group is so active/popular is down to this forum which is very much down to Dave. Well done knobhe@d.

I'd like to report this post to the new moderators.....Billy spelt the last word wrong!!!! :lol:

Apart from the name calling, I also agree that the IT guys, who keep us all connected, are the unsung heros....and no, I'm not in IT! :D I for one, who cannot make it to club nights, would not be so active were it not for this forum (cut off the forum I hear you cry! :lol: ).
Corky

KTM 450 EXC 2006

Return to “Forum Updates / Tutorials / Suggestions / Help”