New form

Need help using the forum? Speak here. Forum updates announced here too.
Dave
250cc

New form

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:18 pm

I know it's impossible to please everyone. Some want the forum closed to non-members whilst others want it completely public. Hopefully we've found a happy medium after all the discussions in the past.

To try and make it as easy as possible, bot free and accessible to our members of all computer skill groups I've put an easy to fill out form here:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=174

The information you give will let the forum admins (presently Steve Sharp, Chris Edwards (kris) and myself) check your account against our membership database and give you proper access.

I hope this is OK and not over complicated. If any of our members feel that they are being pushed away by any changes please let us know.

burls
400cc Thumper

Re: New form

Postby burls » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:31 am

With the risk of me being thick, are you asking existing TRF members who are also forum members to fill in the form or is it for the use of new members to both.

Ta

Dave
250cc

Re: New form

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Existing TRF members. Reason being is because it's actually an easier process than going through an entire database of TRF members to see if they are on our forum.

When a TRF member fills in the form I search in the database for their TRF member ID. If I find it I add their forum nick name to a list of authenticated users which gives them access to the non-public parts of our forum.

In the future maybe we could have this as an automated process. But certainly not for now :)

Return to “Forum Updates / Tutorials / Suggestions / Help”