Wolvens Lane CLOSED

Need help using the forum? Speak here. Forum updates announced here too.
Gary s
400cc Thumper

Wolvens Lane CLOSED

Postby Gary s » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Spoke to a local who said "council closed it Friday due to damage and driving off the lane by four by fours"

silvergull
400cc Thumper

Re: Wolvens Lane CLOSED

Postby silvergull » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:46 pm

well this is not the usual format for closures. I suspect it is not true, but will check the lane tomorrow, both ends and check with scc on monday. keep calm etc etc.
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

Gary s
400cc Thumper

Postby Gary s » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:49 am

silvergull wrote:well this is not the usual format for closures. I suspect it is not true, but will check the lane tomorrow, both ends and check with scc on monday. keep calm etc etc.

There is plastic barriers and road closed signs at both Shephouse lane and the last farm if you coming from the Abinger Road end. There are deeper ruts, a fallen tree across the lane and apparently the four by four damage off the lane. You can get down the lane easily and don't know if road works type signs have any legal enforcement.

silvergull
400cc Thumper

Postby silvergull » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:21 pm

I can confirm Gary's report, I have just been there, both sides, I did not ride the lane, although there were fresh tracks of bike use, ( some 4x4 fresh ise, past the signs, but then the home owner further down does have legal acccess . ) from today. I did ask walkers if they had seen any issues on the lane, they all said no, but then they probably had not walked the whole length. will clarify with ROW and highways tomorrow, but for now, I would suggest the lane is not used, as responsible TRF members. Wolvens is one of my ' adopted lanes,' so not a great start to this new initiative. more later. Thanks bc
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

Return to “Forum Updates / Tutorials / Suggestions / Help”