TRF Conference - 25 January

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
stevent
1150 adventurer

TRF Conference - 25 January

Postby stevent » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:27 pm

Guys - you should have had this - as Simon said, we're the third biggest club, so would be good to get some people there. Is anyone interested in going?

You are invited to The Trail Riders Fellowship conference

The Way Forward 2015

As Interim MD for the TRF I am personally inviting you to come and join me and my fellow directors at a Conference to discuss the future direction of the Trail Riders Fellowship.

The day will consist of two parts.

The Completion of the 2014 AGM
This part of the day will solely be to complete the business of the 2014 AGM. The only business that remained on the agenda unfinished is the election of officers.

The Second part will consist of member’s forums to look at particular areas of the TRF’s central actions & organisation
ROW & Protecting Green Lanes to 2026
Marketing the TRF to others
Membership & Communication; to members and others.
Financing the TRF for the future
Managing the TRF, & its MOA’s, Standing Orders and Code of conduct.

Date: 25th January 2015.
Place: The Heritage Motor Museum, Gaydon Warwickshire CV34 0BJ.
Time: 10.00am to 4.30pm.

Further details will appear in December’s edition of Trail.

We will need provisional numbers before Christmas to make sure we can accommodate everyone.

Please can you indicate your intention to come by emailing [email protected] including your name, membership number and Local Group.

Robin Hickin
Interim Managing Director
Trail Riders Fellowship Ltd

Suzuki-Stumpy
LIFE member

Re: TRF Conference - 25 January

Postby Suzuki-Stumpy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:39 am

Yes, there's a distinct possibility that I'll be able to get up for that. Just waiting to see what's happening work-wise in January. Should know for certain by CoB today.

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:18 pm

Just thought I'd bump this as its less than a month away. Anyone thinking of going? Members should have received some blurb about it today. Shout if you haven't seen it and are interested.

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:23 am

The agenda and proxy voting form have been posted up here:
http://www.trf.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=18362

If you would like me to vote on your behalf, you will need to submit the form, and also let me know you've submitted it and how you want me to vote.

My recommendation is to support the motions and Directors.

Trail Riders Fellowship reconvened AGM
10.30 am 25th January 2015
Heritage Motor Centre
Gaydon Warwickshire
CV35 0BJ

Agenda
1. Present
2. Apologies
3. Introduction Robin Hickin

4. Motion 1 By special direction of the Chair of the meeting:
To adopt the Memorandum & Articles of Association, TRF Limited, dated 2010/11/20 and lodge these with Companies House as adopted, within 15 days of the passing of this resolution.

5. Election of Directors Current Nominations

Directorship Proposed Director
1 Technical & ROW Director John Vannuffel
2 Membership & Comms Director Mike Irving
3 Marketing & IT Director Mario Costa-Sa
4 Finance Director John Gardner
5 Managing Director Robin Hickin

Any further Nominations for directorship of the TRF Ltd need to be notified to the interim MD by the 1st of January 2015 duly proposed and seconded.

6. Motion 2 To review the amended Memorandum & Articles of Association during 2015, and having consulted and then having agreed changes at Board level, to be put to any agreed changes to the 2015 AGM in accordance with the notice requirements.

7. Time date Place of next meeting
November 15th 2015
Venue TBC

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stevent
1150 adventurer

TRF Conference - 25 January & proxy voting

Postby stevent » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:39 pm

Just bumping this.
Would as many people as possible take a moment to print and send in their proxy voting form? (and let me know that you have)
Steve Sharp, John Barber and myself will be attending in person to represent the club.
I strongly recommend that you support all motions and Directors, a lot of effort is going in from all Directors to make the TRF even bigger and better than it is now --- there have been emails being sent out and more info in Trail
Thanks!

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:33 pm

All

There has been an recent thread on the national forum about the TRF constitution and various documents, which will be discussed at the TRF reconvened AGM, in case anyone is interested.... its rather dry legal stuff, but that hasn't stopped our Derek Mudeevee with his querying mind getting involved in the discussion (and great signature Derek)! http://www.trf.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=18582

After the AGM (30 minutes) the rest of the day is to discuss the future of the TRF.... this is the really interesting part. There will be an opportunity to attend workshops with the various Directors... there is lots of information in Trail:
https://interactivepdf.uniflip.com/2/83 ... index.html

Anyone who has an interest is encouraged to join Steve Sharp, John Barber and myself and get along to the TRF reconvened AGM this Sunday, there may be room for one more in the car, 08:30am from Bookham.

I am encouraged to see this on one of the posts "Just to be clear, all my exchanges with directors (both ways) have been constructive and without rancour. We have a difference of opinion but ultimately it is for members to decide the outcome."

I'm still minded to vote to support the Directors on their motions, however there does appear to be an argument to vote against motion 1 (my reading of this is, so far, it doesn't really matter..... What matters is getting as many people together to shape the future of the TRF.

Steven

Return to “Political Rights Of Way News”