AGM report back. bitter sweet --- NOW WITH PHOTOS

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
stevent
1150 adventurer

AGM report back. bitter sweet --- NOW WITH PHOTOS

Postby stevent » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:28 pm

You should have had an email from the Directors about the AGM yesterday...... I think they're putting a brave face on! For me, I think "bitter sweet" sums up yesterday's AGM part 2.

Bitter, as Robin Hickin decided not to accept nomination to be our Managing Director. The reason he gave was how could he lead us if he could not solicit sufficient support from the membership for his own proposal. The vote on his motion was very narrow, only 73% supported the motion and 75% was needed for it to pass. I do wonder whether those who were not present and submitted proxy votes "against", and therefore did not listen to the discussion, really understood the issue they were voting on, and the consequences that were reaped. Robin has made a massive contribution to the TRF and I think it is tragic that we will now not benefit from his passion, his years of experience and his clear aptitude for leading us through 2015.

Sweet: as the rest of the day (organised by Robin) where we focused on the real issues was really successful: rights of way, increasing membership, improving communication, marketing ourselves. The workshop sessions allowed members and Directors to discuss together their respective portfolios. I for one was particularly excited about the plans to develop a new brand for the TRF - something 21st century which I'd feel proud to have emblazoned on my bike and gear. (We've been promised more on this very soon.) It was also good to see John V taking on board views on his rights of way portfolio.

I hope that over 2015 the Directors and Members are able continue taking TRF forward so that we become bigger and stronger and better able to protect our precious lanes.

John Barber will be giving more details at club night tomorrow.

This is what Lodden Vale have just put out to their members.... thank you Simon for forwarding on....

Don't think your vote counts...?

Thank you all who had nominated me to vote on your behalf at todays extra-ordinary general meeting. In the end I held the authority to vote on behalf of 13 individuals from our group. Five of the Loddon Vale group went up to the EGM for the early 8.45am start!

The first motion was the most important as it dictates the legality and governance of the TRF until a revised Constitution (Articles of association) is ready for approval. After significant research by our committee, and discussions with all of the directors of the TRF we were confident with the proposals to support the motion so the TRF could get back to the business of fighting ROW issues.

We were impressed with Robin Hicken's approach and plans to steer the management team to success in 2015.

The vote was taken, 75% of the total votes cast would be required to adopt this special resolution; unfortunately, on the day - when it counted, on 73% was attained. We were short of 5 votes (out of the near 400 cast). The motion was dropped and we will continue to operate under the older articles of association.

Robin has also withdrawn his nomination as MD, so TRF Ltd is currently operating with the remaining 4 directors, and no-one currently in the driving seat.

More details and a breakdown of the meeting will be given at the next Loddon Vale TRF meeting. I hope to also get more details as to what the TRF Ltd directors plan to do in the interim.

We lost a valued director with bags of experience ; a plan to push the TRF back on track for the next year - all for the sake of 5 votes............

A sad day

Billy
woz bus pass

Re: AGM report back. bitter sweet

Postby Billy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:42 pm

Thanks to Steven,Steve and John for taking the time and trouble to go up and represent us.

burls
400cc Thumper

Postby burls » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:54 pm

Billy wrote:Thanks to Steven,Steve and John for taking the time and trouble to go up and represent us.

+1 each

kris
LIFE member

Postby kris » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:55 am

hear hear ... thanks very much to all of you taking the time to represent us.

stevent
1150 adventurer

AGM photos

Postby stevent » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:46 pm

A few pics of the day... including a glimpse of the ideas for the new brand (more on that here... https://surreytrf.gigatech.co.uk/viewto ... =23&t=1404).

Mike Irving sorting out the voting slips

Mike Irving leading a workshop on membership and communications

deep though and head scratching, led by Robin (MD no more, alas)

I could resist the excitement of finding an old map of Surrey or three...

Some of the branding ideas

And the main logo close up

Gloucester TRF handing over a cheque for £5000 to Mario, for the TRF fighting fund

Return to “Political Rights Of Way News”