Bentworth Byway 24

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
farmerdave
350cc Veteran

Bentworth Byway 24

Postby farmerdave » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:49 am

Just a heads up for all,yesterday myself and some riding mates were verbally assulted by the resident of Stable Cottage at the southern end of this byway,the cottage on your right just before you go through the gate. We stopped at the end of the lane to change maps so it was engines and goggles off, this fellow came martching across from his garden stops 5 meters from us and starts very aggressively " have you got a problem ? " then started to berate us .There were no TRO markers of any kind on the byway gate,further up Byway 17 has a no motors TRO in place,I have checked this on the Hants definative map. This bloke was irate throwing a right wobbly :evil: , him telling me to be carefull I climbed off my bike and asked if he was threatening me ? he then threated to call the police we happily agreed to this but he wouldnt, a very unhappy bunny! ,kept telling us to "watch what we were doing and saying" taking down numberplates etc.He would not see reason with us whatsoever he was right and we were law breaking criminals, would not listen to us . I know there are several byways in the area with temp TROs and we were not riding them just the legal lanes on our legal bikes. IMHO the guy is a knob and deserves to be treat like one, happy riding :)
FD

Return to “Political Rights Of Way News”