750 flat tracker

Re: ucr Dunsfold/ alfold

Postby mudeevee » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Do you have a grid reference?

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:49 pm

It's the one that comes out by Brockhurst farm and cottages, looked at that one before as a link on the southern route , it used to be very over grown, but if some 4x4 have been down there, I guess its a bit clearer now. :lol:
Off the beaten track!.

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:49 pm

noeyedear wrote:
Stewie wrote:It's the one that comes out by Brockhurst farm and cottages, looked at that one before as a link on the southern route , it used to be very over grown, but if some 4x4 have been down there, I guess its a bit clearer now. :lol:

So are you saying its a ucr ? On os map its a white road & says Green lane (path). There are no foot path or bridleway signs at the ends

I'm not sure what the lane/track definition is, as you say it says Path on the OS, but marked with long dashes but in black on my OS live, and on the other maps it stops at the end of Green Lane at the west end, but as I said I just go around it, may go and have another look today. :D
Off the beaten track!.

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:34 am

I went down to have a look, and after a good rummage in the bush ( insert relevant joke :lol: ), there are no signs at either end. I would suggest that it's not used by any of us ( IMHO ).
By the looks of it, there has been some vehicular movement from the A281 side, but there has been resent drainage work, so may have been working down the Path, the vehicle has only gone a little way down the track and then reversed out.
The track is VERY waterlogged in the middle section, and there is a stretch of about 25' of standing water, there is evidence of some clearance, but a while ago by the looks of it.
From the east, it has a new drainage ditch on the right and a Brook on the left, the ground is very soft.
A281 side.
Very Boggy
Further in and no sign of 4 x 4 tracks. Brook on left and new ditch on right.
Dunsfold side.
Further in, and evidence of clearance work.
Middle section.
Off the beaten track!.

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:02 pm

Rode it today,tree down half way along but passable (just about) but a police helicopter was watching us all the time we were on the lane. He was just circling above but we had no reception committee when we got to the end. Were we legal ?????? Couldn`t see any signs at either end and i definately used to ride this lane 20 odd years ago.Another of my group also remembers riding it about the same time.

19col58
350cc Veteran

Postby 19col58 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:03 pm

If you look on the SCC Interactive Map, click "Roads and Transport" on the right hand side, then "Byways" and "Road Network" from the drop down then IMHO this shows you everything you can legally ride, from SCC's point of view and subject to TRO's of course. Green Lane in Alfold is marked for its full length with a brown line so SCC class it as part of the road network and available for us to use. Probably !!

Colin

Return to “Political Rights Of Way News”