East Surrey - Countryside Access Forum

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
steve sharp
LIFE member

East Surrey - Countryside Access Forum

Postby steve sharp » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi, For my sins as Rights of Way Officer for the Surrey TRF group I attended the annual forum. Mike normally attends West Surrey, but unfortunately could not make it.

The forum is run by Surrey County Council Countryside Group and attended by representatives from the various ramblers, horse riding and cyclist groups. Plus me representing the trail riders. (It is mainly ramblers and horse riders that attend)

There was an informal discussion section, presentation about access then the main part of the evening where various members of the team report on what has been happening within their area. Legal report (TROs etc), Countryside team update, and specific reports on each part of the county.

As you can imagine its not exciting, but important that we attend to keep up the good rapport that we have with Surrey CC.

Most of the questions were from the horse riders about the state of their bridleways and it is good to report that there was no anti trail riding talk.

I have the details in my folder if anyone wants to read them, available at club night.

Regards
Steve Sharp

Dave
250cc

Re: East Surrey - Countryside Access Forum

Postby Dave » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Sounds good :)
The horsey people moaning about the state of their bridleways has nothing to do with us thankfully. Hardy har har

Return to “Political Rights Of Way News”