Illegal activity - barriers being vandalised

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
stevent
1150 adventurer

Illegal activity - barriers being vandalised

Postby stevent » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:19 pm

On of the issues raised in recent correspondence with HCC was the following, if anyone knows anything please report to the police.

my team who are out And about have been noticing that on a significant number of both BOATS and Restricted Byways the barriers used to enforce the TRO’s are being vandalised – the police are involved (and we have report numbers) in this as not only is it criminal damage but reputationally damaging to responsible users. I would therefore request that if any of your members see or hear anything about this that they report that to the police – whilst this is going on it ruins the reputation of responsible users and so the sooner the police can obtain information on who this might be the better.

zedtours
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Re: Illegal activity - barriers being vandalised

Postby zedtours » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Has anybody heard of a review of RUPPS which escaped NERC,. doubt it, that's why Restricted Byway signs are a target!

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:26 pm

It`s gonna happen. `You can`t ride here anymore`, `Why not, I`ve ridden here for 30 years`, `It`s dangerous`, `But its been the same for 30 years`, `Yes but now it`s dangerous`, `Why`, `Because a local councillor who has never been down here says so`.................................

Dave
250cc

Postby Dave » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:40 pm

Billy wrote:It`s gonna happen. `You can`t ride here anymore`, `Why not, I`ve ridden here for 30 years`, `It`s dangerous`, `But its been the same for 30 years`, `Yes but now it`s dangerous`, `Why`, `Because a local councillor who has never been down here says so`.................................

Just wanted to quote my feeling lol

Return to “Political Rights Of Way News”