Who is doing what in Surrey TRF

Up coming club night news
stevent
1150 adventurer

Who is doing what in Surrey TRF

Postby stevent » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:06 pm

Dear All

We've received from the National TRF, the annual "group return" form where we have to tell them who the club officers are. There are six roles this year, are:
Chairman..... currently myself, happy to continue
Secretary..... vacant
Treasurer..... Viv Offord, happy to continue
Group Rep..... Steve Sharp, happy to continue
Rights of Way.... Steve, Sharp, happy to continue
New Member Officer.... this is a new post

My personal view is that our club is hugely successful, we have lots of runs happening, lots turning up at club night, we are on top of rights of way issues, we have had lots of events, training sessions, and we have an active forum. We have lots of different people doing different things, its all quite informal but things get done and most importantly it hasn't turned into something like being at work, with too much formality or bureaucracy.

Steve Sharp and I have been in discussion and I've also been in touch with some of the key people who do stuff. At club night later this month (Tuesday 27th) we thought it would be sensible to:
- review who is doing what, and find out if anyone else wants to get involved
- discuss a few ideas, about how we could improve the club
- agree who we put down on our Group Return.

A few specific points for discussion, based on what people have said, are:
1. should we set up a small core group of people and who meet occasionally to discuss club stuff.
2. do we need a run co-ordinator, (Simon has indicated he will be stepping down from this role.)
3. is there more we can do to get new members more integrated into the club/ hang onto them/ (overtake Mario and become 2nd biggest TRF group)
4. a volunteer to take on holding the maps (Mike Wheaton will also be stepping down from this role.)

I think the key to success is to have lots of people doing little bits, rather than one or two doing lots of stuff..... so we really would welcome people getting involved, even if its a small project or task.

Cheers

Steven

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Re: Who is doing what in Surrey TRF

Postby Stewie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:27 pm

Not at club night as I'm working, but what about big bike section, may bring in new members? quite happy to help,
Off the beaten track!.

silvergull
400cc Thumper

Postby silvergull » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:50 pm

am happy to take on the 'new members ' role, ( but only as a last resort). (I can also lead a few beginners rides, when the weather warms up a little.) bc
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

kris
LIFE member

Postby kris » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:55 am

thanks Brian for carrying on Mike's work and also offering to handle the new member stuff.

top banana

steve sharp
LIFE member

Postby steve sharp » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:25 pm

Hi, We had a good turnout at club night and the more serious stuff didnt put people off...

We had a good discussion and here is the outcome

Chairman..... Steven Taylor, happy to continue
Secretary..... vacant - Still vacant
Treasurer..... Viv Offord, happy to continue
Group Rep..... Steve Sharp, happy to continue
Rights of Way.... Steve Sharp, happy to continue
New Member Officer.... Steve Sharp will take this on as he does a lot of this already in his role of Group Rep. Chris Edwards also currently does the email inquiry part and he is happy to continue.

Map Master...... John Barber
ROW Surrey CC Liaison....Brian Cohen will take this role on. He will attend the meetings in Mikes place.

1. should we set up a small core group of people and who meet occasionally to discuss club stuff. Yes, this was agreed and the above people plus Derek mudeevee, Steve (Billy) & Ade Morcom. We will publish the list of roles and people on the Forum.
2. do we need a run co-ordinator, (Simon has indicated he will be stepping down from this role.) Discussed and people thought we no longer need this role, as the Forum has a lot of runs and we have request a run leader section.

Regards
Steve

Return to “Club Night”