Hello from Godalming area

New TRF members & those thinking of joining announce yourselves here.
Muzzman
350cc Veteran

Re: Hello from Godalming area

Postby Muzzman » Wed May 06, 2015 11:12 pm

Hi Grobb, welcome,

I have a CRF250L that I have been using for the past year and it has all of the kit you have been talking about and then some.

I was lucky that the previous owner had fitted a Hagon rear shock and had the forks reworked. It is also running a 13 tooth front and 43 tooth rear sprocket. Red alloy bling bits all over. It has a FMF Q4 silencer and a Megabomb front pipe with a Carbontek heat shield , Renthal Fat bars with 1" risers.

Since I have had it I have put on a Dobeck EJK fuel controller, to make the most of the FMF exhaust. I fitted a high flow DNA air filter and did an airbox mod. A 12 o'clock labs speedo DRD to correct the display due to the gearing change. Alloy bash plate and radiator guard. I'm running it on Maxxis Max Cross IT Pro tyres with HD tubes and OKO sealant inside. All in all about £1750.00 worth of extra mods.

I'm going to be putting it up for sale in the next couple of weeks so you may not get a chance to see how it performs out on the trail.

Murray.

CraigRK
250cc Trail Rider

Postby CraigRK » Thu May 07, 2015 6:15 am

Grobb wrote:I used to live in Ockham actually which isn't far. Yeah I'd be very interested. I was going to research springs as a mod. Have you geared yours down as well?

Yes, geared to 13/43 same as Muzzman's. I've seen his it runs well, he led a run that I went on.
CRF 250M/L (i.e. "M" with extra offroad wheels)

Grobb
125cc L Plates

Hello from Godalming area

Postby Grobb » Thu May 07, 2015 7:15 am

Wow that sounds pretty tricked up. Have you got any pics?

I've made a note of all those! Is the FMF and mega bomb loud? I have been looking at pipes to give it a bit more guts but didn't want anything that's going to be ridiculously loud. It's hard to tell on YouTube vids.

I still have some bits to buy to finish the house, otherwise I'd be very interested but I'm seriously hoping to get my act together later in the summer.

ncwelsh
250cc Trail Rider

Postby ncwelsh » Sat May 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Hi Grobb, I am new to the TRF as well (live down the road from you in Liphook area) . Just wondering if you did you buy a CRF 250L in the end ?
Keen to know if you have done any mods on it (as that's what I ride) , have you replaced the gear shift lever with a spring loaded one ? I purchased an RDX one and it didn't fit at all well (some people say they fit well and others not so much.......) so sent it back. Need to find one that will fit.
cheers Neal

Grobb
125cc L Plates

Postby Grobb » Sat May 09, 2015 10:33 pm

Hi Neal, not yet as I need to get some funds together. Had a lot on my plate for the last year refurbing our house etc so it's somewhere on my list of things to save for :)
What doesn't fit, is it on a spline?

CraigRK
250cc Trail Rider

Postby CraigRK » Sun May 10, 2015 6:17 am

ncwelsh wrote:Hi Grobb, I am new to the TRF as well (live down the road from you in Liphook area) . Just wondering if you did you buy a CRF 250L in the end ?
Keen to know if you have done any mods on it (as that's what I ride) , have you replaced the gear shift lever with a spring loaded one ? I purchased an RDX one and it didn't fit at all well (some people say they fit well and others not so much.......) so sent it back. Need to find one that will fit.
cheers Neal

Neal,
I have a CRF 150R one on mine. Fits perfectly, and bonus is it is steel so if the folding tip doesn't save it, then it can be bent straight.

Regards,
Craig

ncwelsh
250cc Trail Rider

Postby ncwelsh » Sun May 10, 2015 12:15 pm

Thanks for your reply Craig, What year CRF 150 is it for ? Have read lots of articles about this with some people saying they fitted and other saying they didn't and seems to be year related (though even then, didn't seem to be fully proved that it was related to the year ?).

Where did you purchase it from , direct from Honda ? Do you have the exact part number please ? (I have spoken to Honda Farnham previously and they said it wouldn't fit and wouldn't take it back if it didn't ).
They are not cheap from Honda so need to make sure I purchase the right thing, so your help is really appreciated :-) .
cheers Neal

CraigRK
250cc Trail Rider

Postby CraigRK » Sun May 10, 2015 5:17 pm

ncwelsh wrote:Thanks for your reply Craig, What year CRF 150 is it for ? Have read lots of articles about this with some people saying they fitted and other saying they didn't and seems to be year related (though even then, didn't seem to be fully proved that it was related to the year ?).

Where did you purchase it from , direct from Honda ? Do you have the exact part number please ? (I have spoken to Honda Farnham previously and they said it wouldn't fit and wouldn't take it back if it didn't ).
They are not cheap from Honda so need to make sure I purchase the right thing, so your help is really appreciated :-) .
cheers Neal

Neal,
I'm afraid I don't know which year, but I presume the current model, I heard about it in the ThumperTalk forum. When I bought my bike (new) from Doble's in Croydon, I mentioned this and they swapped it out before I took delivery. I think they swapped it on a secondhand CRF150 they had in stock, but I had pointed out the one on the new CRF150 that was parked next to my CRF in the showroom.

I think the guys in Farnham are just being obstructive. However to be fair the Doble's salesman had t been aware that this would fit before I told him.

You might want to try BikersBitz, they're an online store who ship out of Thailand and can get any parts for our bikes if they're not already listed. Only downside is shipping takes long and is expensive for single parts, but worthwhile if you need a few bits. I bought genuine sprocket and brake disc bolts for about 50% of what I could get them for in the UK (incl shipping)

ncwelsh
250cc Trail Rider

Postby ncwelsh » Mon May 11, 2015 2:51 pm

Thanks, still going round in circles a little with this :-(

Other forums list the specific part you showed (24700-KSE-305) , but they say it doesn't fit a 2104 CRFL (which is what mine is).

LOL, How hard can it be to find this out without actually buying this stuff and wasting money.

Muzzman
350cc Veteran

Postby Muzzman » Mon May 11, 2015 10:59 pm

Hi Neal,

I have a RFX gear lever on my CRF and it fits just fine.

First time I've tried posting a picture, hope it works.

Murray.

Grobb
125cc L Plates

Postby Grobb » Tue May 12, 2015 7:25 am

Has anyone ever managed to damage the rad when you've come off? I've heard a lot of people say it's possible because of the way it sticks out but never of it actually happening

ncwelsh
250cc Trail Rider

Postby ncwelsh » Fri May 15, 2015 10:32 pm

Hi Murray, what year is your 250L please ?

Spoken with a Honda OEM parts dealer in USA and thy said that gear lever is same with 2013 / 2014 but is different to 2012 model .

cheer Neal

Return to “Welcome New Members”