Hello from New Malden!

New TRF members & those thinking of joining announce yourselves here.
Maria
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Hello from New Malden!

Postby Maria » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 pm

Hi everyone,

We popped over yesterday to the club house to meet the gang at Ripley.
We could not stay too late so had to leave before the end of the club discussions. We still managed to discuss with few of you.

I just arranged our TRF subscription this morning. :)

A bit about us. I am Maria and a very keen rider. My husband is Alistair.

I currently have a honda XR 125, but I bought last week a TTR 250 as I wanted something faster. once the TTR is lowered, I will get it on the green lanes!

We have ridden lots of bad roads and trails in our travels but I am not a confident trail rider. So I really want to improve my enduro skillls and be able to make fast progress.
My nemesis is definitely deep sand and deep mud. :shock:
I hope to ride with you soon.

Maria

http://www.franglais-riders.com

stevent
1150 adventurer

Re: Hello from New Malden!

Postby stevent » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:26 pm

Maria
Welcome to the group. Last night was a bit of an unusual club night, there is usually more time for general chat between members.
Brian, who I think I saw you speak to before you went, also has a TTR-250 and we scaled the a couple thousand meters altitude in the Pyrenees!
Keep an eye on the forum for beginner level runs, or if you have a date in mind, post up to request a run leader.
See you soon!
Steven

Beerbelly
750 flat tracker

Postby Beerbelly » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:34 pm

Hi and welcome Maria and Alistair! We will no doubt see you on the trails soon. :-)

Maria
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Postby Maria » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:41 pm

Thanks guys! I certainly look forward for a ride.

How does it work going forward? Do we receive a card or something? I have not received any email confirmation or anything.

steven i will keep an eye on the boards, or request a ride for end of next week. It would be nice to ride with experienced riders and i prove my skills! :)

Cheers,

Maria

http://www.franglais-riders.com

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:57 pm

If you've managed to sign up successfully, you should get a letter with your membership card and annual sticker.
If you don't get it, contact Membership Secretaries: Debbie Hutchinson - [email protected]
So next step is to sign up on a run, or put up a request for someone to take you out. I'll away on holiday end of next week otherwise i'd have offered.
Good luck!
Steven

silvergull
400cc Thumper

Postby silvergull » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:39 am

Hi. you are very welcome! I will lead an introductory ride at the end of August, and make sure you are invited first. (No spare time before that. Good to talk to you on Tuesday eve, bc
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

Maria
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Postby Maria » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:42 pm

Hi guys, i hope to get the bike lowered by end of next week. But now I also need to sort out the exhaust. It is not the original one and is rather loud. Not sure what can be done and it would cost too much to replace. I will see with my mechanic.

If the weather is nice we may go on the lanes on our own next weekend. Either with my trusted little Honda, or the TTR.

We will go away at the end of August for a couple of weeks but i hope to do a ride with the club before that. I will keep an eye on the rides and maybe see if someone is interested.

See you round or at the next club meeting :)

steve sharp
LIFE member

Postby steve sharp » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi Maria,

Welcome to the TRF and the Surrey group.

Please have a look at the new member info sheet/FAQ sheet in the new members info area, it provides useful information.

Their should be a new members/easy ride advertised soon on the forum.

Steve

Womble
125cc Novice

Postby Womble » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55 pm

All the way to Mongolia, I look forward to meeting you and hearing all about it. Its on my list of destinations for sure.

Douglas

Return to “Welcome New Members”