New to the lanes

New TRF members & those thinking of joining announce yourselves here.
Aid
250cc Trail Rider

New to the lanes

Postby Aid » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:01 pm

Hi,

Just want to say hello as another new member to the trails...

Previously owned road bikes and had a couple of motocross bikes when much much younger living on a farm. Had a day with ‘Off the Kerb’ recently in Dorking and enjoyed every minute... Toyed for a long time with the purchase of a KTM e-ride... Thankfully they didn’t manage to get their act together with the latest offering so resorted to good old petrol... Stuck my neck out and purchased a 2019 350 KTM E-XCF Six Days and its an absolute stonker of a bike. Spent a bit of time on the lanes to date arround Dorking area but haven’t ventured far. Still building the required kit and riding on own. Looking forward to meeting a few people to hit the lanes with to learn the way. Any advise appreciated.

I’m a fully paid member to the TRF to help keep the lanes open.

Hopefully catch a few people soon and will come up the the local club meeting on the 28th at the BL club I believe!

Cheers
Aid (Adrian)

MuddySully
400cc Thumper

Re: New to the lanes

Postby MuddySully » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:14 pm

Aid,

Welcome, there's plenty of rides posted on the forum so you'll have no problem getting that new bike muddy.
Peter

Strongbow
400cc Thumper

Postby Strongbow » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:01 am

Welcome to the group !

Dave.

Gary s
400cc Thumper

Postby Gary s » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:40 am

Aid wrote:Hi,

Just want to say hello as another new member to the trails...

Previously owned road bikes and had a couple of motocross bikes when much much younger living on a farm. Had a day with ‘Off the Kerb’ recently in Dorking and enjoyed every minute... Toyed for a long time with the purchase of a KTM e-ride... Thankfully they didn’t manage to get their act together with the latest offering so resorted to good old petrol... Stuck my neck out and purchased a 2019 350 KTM E-XCF Six Days and its an absolute stonker of a bike. Spent a bit of time on the lanes to date arround Dorking area but haven’t ventured far. Still building the required kit and riding on own. Looking forward to meeting a few people to hit the lanes with to learn the way. Any advise appreciated.

I’m a fully paid member to the TRF to help keep the lanes open.

Hopefully catch a few people soon and will come up the the local club meeting on the 28th at the BL club I believe!

Cheers
Aid (Adrian)

Hi Adrain and welcome, did we chat at the start of Sleepwalk lane late afternoon Saturday?

Aid
250cc Trail Rider

Postby Aid » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:05 am

Thanks Gents...

Managed to ge the bike muddy but also managed to clean the 'old girl' also so back to square one..! Good excuse to go out again :lol:

Yes that was me Gary and thanks again gfor the chat and information as all trees start looking the same after a while... Just been staying local and getting used to the bike as new to the game. Still finding my feet and building up the required bits for on the road repairs. All the tracks I know so far are the ones from 'Off The Kerb' day so just working out from memory... Need good app / nav / maps / spare bike / kitchen sink...

Am I correct the next mee is on the 28th Aug as many questions..! Any advise on essentials is good

Cheers
Aid

MuddySully
400cc Thumper

Postby MuddySully » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:36 am

Aid,

Yes the next cub night is the 28th and TonyR will create a post confirming this soon. Nigel Cooper deals with the new members on the night so he will answer any questions that you have.

This is the link for who does what in our group: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=2804

Peter.

Gary s
400cc Thumper

Postby Gary s » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:42 am

Aid wrote:Thanks Gents...

Managed to ge the bike muddy but also managed to clean the 'old girl' also so back to square one..! Good excuse to go out again :lol:

Yes that was me Gary and thanks again gfor the chat and information as all trees start looking the same after a while... Just been staying local and getting used to the bike as new to the game. Still finding my feet and building up the required bits for on the road repairs. All the tracks I know so far are the ones from 'Off The Kerb' day so just working out from memory... Need good app / nav / maps / spare bike / kitchen sink...

Am I correct the next mee is on the 28th Aug as many questions..! Any advise on essentials is good

Cheers
Aid

Well you didn't waste anytime joining up good on you, it won't take long to have the local lanes in your internal memory and Dorking is a great start point, a lot of runs start from Bocketts, Boxhill and Newlands. Hope you can get down for club night.

Aid
250cc Trail Rider

Postby Aid » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:17 pm

Hi Gary,

I just like to get on with things so 'all joind up and paid up' so could even see my name in 'green' soon :lol:

Club nights in the diary unless work throws me a spanner but look forward to coming down next Tuesday... Looking forward to getting out with a few people soon to see some new trails. Will be having a potter about tomorrow eve localy as have a few routs dialed into the old memory now :?

Thanks for everyones comments to date.

Aid

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:26 pm

Hello and welcome. 8-)
Off the beaten track!.

NigelC
350cc Veteran

Postby NigelC » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:31 am

Aid,

Hi, should be there next Tuesday so hope to meet you.

I'm in Merrow so on the Dorking side of Guildford.

Nigel
Nigel TT250R Cooper

Return to “Welcome New Members”