Returning member from Kingston

New TRF members & those thinking of joining announce yourselves here.
Bullet51
250cc Trail Rider

Returning member from Kingston

Postby Bullet51 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi all. I have re-joined the TRF after a break of maybe 5 or more years. Too much work and family diversions led to the sale of a shamefully under-used TTR250 and a prolonged absence from the lanes. But now I have retired (well almost) and so I'm planning to spend a few days a month 'bumbling' around the Surrey lanes. Coming from more of a Trials than MX or Enduro background, I intend to ride at a pace that will enable me to take in the scenery and pay my respects to hikers, dog walkers, equestrians and other lane users.

Just got some new tyres on the CRF and once the new chain/sprocket arrives I will be ready to ride. Also, restoring (tarting-up is perhaps a better expression) an old Serrow - 1986 vintage, number 836 off the production line. It says a lot for my mechanical skills that I have already had to call Luke B to bail me out !!

Incidentally, the name comes from an old Royal Enfield I used to own - no prizes for guessing the model and year though.

Look forward to meeting some of you on the lanes, particularly those who can ride during the week.

All the best

John

stevent
1150 adventurer

Re: Returning member from Kingston

Postby stevent » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:14 pm

John... Welcome to the group! We have quite a few trialsy types in the group and good links with Hookwood trials club.

silvergull
400cc Thumper

Postby silvergull » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:03 am

Welcome back! Glad to have another Serow joining the group, it is in my views still the best bike for these lanes. bc
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

Bullet51
250cc Trail Rider

Postby Bullet51 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:11 pm

Thanks for the kind words of welcome. Hoping to make it along to club night this month so may see you there.

Return to “Welcome New Members”