Pathfinder Trial 29 April

For all competitive riding such as enduros and hare & hounds
kevpg
400cc Thumper

Pathfinder Trial 29 April

Postby kevpg » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:18 pm

Entries closed, event full. 20/03/18

Surrey TRF in full partnership with Aldermaston Nomads MCC will be holding their 3 Stage Pathfinder Trial again in 2018.

Sunday 29 April 2018.

Venue Deepcut Bagshot

What is a 3 Stage Trial?

Held on private land this event is a nice mix of forestry and open going, and was originally devised as a test of rider control and stamina for Army dispatch riders, its now the last of its type still running.

Stage 1: 2 laps of around 4 miles with trials sections aimed at the trail/enduro bike rider and a special speed test, you get 2 hours to ride this.

Stage 2: 2 laps again but the sections are eased a little, you get 1 1/2 hours to get around.

Stage 3: 2 laps for novices and 3 for experts, sections are pretty much removed, just the start gate to go through and you get 1 hour to ride this.

We had a really good TRF turn out last year, 30 + riders from a full entry of 115 and we hope to have at least the same this year. We are aiming to make the course as trail bike friendly as possible this year and will be pushing hard to get as many other TRF group members entering as possible.

If you dont fancy entering then please help us out on the day as a observer or marshal, we always need lots of bodies!

Online entry this year via ACU website, entries open March 7th. ACU licence available for £3.00 on the day or you can get a yearly one through the TRF for £10.00 email - [email protected] for code.

Kev

Here are a few comments form last years entrants:

Great day out and well organised - thanks to all the people that organise and make these things happen.
My first event on a bike of any sort, bloody knackered and I ache all over but a lot of fun. :D
John

Big thanks to all those that made it happen! Thoroughly enjoyed the day and loved the format. I don't think I digraced myself or the Surrey TRF. Cheers lads.
Mark.

I'll second that Greg. For my 1st competitive motorcycle event it was great. We'll run, challenging when needed and nicely quick at the end. Thanks to all the TRF members who marshalled and made it possible.
James

Those of you who took part in the Pathfinder at Deepcut just over a week ago will have no doubt enjoyed yourselves. It's a very sociable event, and it's all about learning to safely ride a course more quickly than you might have originally thought was possible. In my view, it mixes Trials and Enduro in such a way that there's something for everyone.

A couple of years ago, the Pathfinder was close to joining the other 3-stagers - entries were in decline, costs from Landmarc were increasing, the club's officials were getting older. Step forward Kevin Greening, with his boundless enthusiasm, and a gang of merry Surrey TRFers, and two years later they were having to declare the entry full at around 110, turning people away.

So I'd like to offer my sincere thanks to Kevin, and all who have helped out this year and last, for reviving this local event. Long may it continue.
Graham

steve sharp
LIFE member

Re: Pathfinder Trial 29 April

Postby steve sharp » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:27 pm

Kev,

Put me down as a helper, I can do special test or observe or what ever is needed.

Steve Sharp

prking
250cc Trail Rider

Postby prking » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:54 am

Happy to help out again. Was a great day out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Postby kevpg » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:33 pm

Steve and Paul,

Thanks for the offer of help.

Kev

ScruffyDroid
350cc Veteran

Postby ScruffyDroid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:29 am

Don't forget my offer, Kev?

I live very local and can assist Friday late afternoon, Saturday and Sunday. You can use my gaff as a temporary base if you need?
Beta Xtrainer 300 :roll:
Honda CRF230F :oops:
ex-Kawasaki KDX220R (now sold to a fellow TRF Member) :mrgreen:

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Postby kevpg » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:28 pm

Thanks Barry.

I will put you down to observe on one of the sections and help with the Saturday set up.

Cheers
Kev

ScruffyDroid
350cc Veteran

Postby ScruffyDroid » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:10 pm

Kev

I have put some info onto the Loddon Vale TRF forum. I was at their Club evening last night and mentioned it. I am sure that there will be interested parties who would like to participate.
Beta Xtrainer 300 :roll:
Honda CRF230F :oops:
ex-Kawasaki KDX220R (now sold to a fellow TRF Member) :mrgreen:

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Postby kevpg » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:15 pm

ScruffyDroid wrote:Kev

I have put some info onto the Loddon Vale TRF forum. I was at their Club evening last night and mentioned it. I am sure that there will be interested parties who would like to participate.

Thanks Barry.

builtnotbought
50cc Fizzy

Postby builtnotbought » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi Kev,

Where is this event? and are there any tyre restrictions?
Some of the Somerset TRF may come down, I just need to persuade them a little more :D

cheers

Al

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Postby kevpg » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:53 pm

builtnotbought wrote:Hi Kev,

Some of the Somerset TRF may come down, I just need to persuade them a little more :D

cheers

Al

Al,

Event is at Deepcut, Bagshot, Surrey.

FIM Enduro or trials rear tyre

Entry form below or enter online via ACU website: https://www.acu.org.uk/events/April-201 ... 52251.aspx

Kev
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

builtnotbought
50cc Fizzy

Postby builtnotbought » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:49 pm

kevpg wrote:
builtnotbought wrote:Hi Kev,

cheers

Al

Al,

Event is at Deepcut, Bagshot, Surrey.

FIM Enduro or trials rear tyre

Entry form below or enter online via ACU website: https://www.acu.org.uk/events/April-201 ... 52251.aspx

Kev

Evening Kev,

thanks for the reply. seems I could have found that out if I read the original post properly :D

Cheers

builtnotbought
50cc Fizzy

Postby builtnotbought » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:48 am

Hey Kev,

how strict is this 100 riders? is it likely to fill up quickly? I noticed you saying there was 115 riders or so last year. is it 100 online and then pay on the day?

Regards

Al

Return to “Competitive Riding & Events like Enduro/3 Stage Trials/ Events”