RRND LDT 15 April

For all competitive riding such as enduros and hare & hounds
kevpg
400cc Thumper

RRND LDT 15 April

Postby kevpg » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:47 pm

Entries open for Reigate and Redhill North Downs MCC long distance trial.

This is a lovely LDT taking in most of our local lanes and some private land and aimed at the trail rider. Self navigation by road book, good trails, access to private land and some easy trials type sections, what more could you want? Its also the perfect excuse for a practice run for our 3 Stage Trial on the 29th April!

Online entry here:https://www.acu.org.uk/events/April-2018/Reigate-and-Redhill-North-Downs-MCC/Trials/Sethern-Rams-Lane-Dunsfold-Surrey-ACU52828.aspx

Kev

nick_m
250cc Trail Rider

Re: RRND LDT 15 April

Postby nick_m » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:48 pm

Self navigation by road book...I know the clue is in the title, but what does that actually entail....?

Muzzman
350cc Veteran

Postby Muzzman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Hi Nick,
This might help to explain it [url][/http://www.sidcupmotorcycleclub.co.uk/ldts.html

Cheers,
Murray.]

nick_m
250cc Trail Rider

Postby nick_m » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:35 pm

Ah, OK, that makes sense. I have done something like that before when I went on an MG car club run with a friend of mine and navigated for him!

I seem to remember though that it was advantageous to tick off each stage as you did it, does this mean a lot of stopping on the bike to tick off stages and turn book pages etc?

And presumably some form of mounted weatherproof book holder is required so that you can view the instructions as you go...?

Muzzman
350cc Veteran

Postby Muzzman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:15 pm

You can buy a bespoke roadbook holder but they can cost around £100. Most of us that do LDT's have made up a roadbook holder from something like a Tupperware bacon box with a couple of rollers inside and twisting knobs on the outside (usually 15mm plastic plumbing pipe and 15mm push fit plumbing stop ends).

The roadbook is printed out onto A4 sheets, taped together and rolled onto the bottom roller and the end (box 1 onwards) taped onto the top roller. Then as you go along you turn the top roller (usually at a road junction or section) and move onto the next set of boxes thus keeping things flowing.

If you let me know when you are coming to a club night I can bring a box for you to look at.

Cheers,
Murray.

nick_m
250cc Trail Rider

Postby nick_m » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:15 am

I cant enter this online on the ACU site.. it says there are 34 spaces but it doesn't let me select the class and continue....

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Postby kevpg » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Nick,

Did you get your entry sorted, just had a look at ACU site and it seems to be working fine?

Murray gave you some good tips on the road book and holder, if it seems too much of a faff then just get a walkers map case and tie it to the handlebars, it did me fine for a few years and I am using one again after breaking my holder!

A few of us have entered the RRND so look out for us and feel free to tag along. Hopefully you have entered our 3 Stage Pathfinder Trial too, that is a fun day out.

Cheers
Kev

nick_m
250cc Trail Rider

Postby nick_m » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:01 pm

I cant get beyond this point:

ACU Capture.JPG

If I press 'next step' it shows an error that I haven't selected a class, but if I click on any part of the class table it doesn't do anything.

Yes I have also entered the Pathfinder....

....and YES, I would love to tag along with you guys if I can keep up!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:16 pm

Muzzman wrote:You can buy a bespoke roadbook holder but they can cost around £100. Most of us that do LDT's have made up a roadbook holder from something like a Tupperware bacon box with a couple of rollers inside and twisting knobs on the outside (usually 15mm plastic plumbing pipe and 15mm push fit plumbing stop ends).

The roadbook is printed out onto A4 sheets, taped together and rolled onto the bottom roller and the end (box 1 onwards) taped onto the top roller. Then as you go along you turn the top roller (usually at a road junction or section) and move onto the next set of boxes thus keeping things flowing.

If you let me know when you are coming to a club night I can bring a box for you to look at.

Cheers,
Murray.

Another solution is a clear plastic wallet, hole punched and zip tied to your handlebars. You have to pause to turn pages a few times instead of endless twiddling of knobs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GDAS
LIFE member

Postby GDAS » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:08 am

nick_m wrote:If I press 'next step' it shows an error that I haven't selected a class, but if I click on any part of the class table it doesn't do anything.
!

Nick, there should be a checkbox to tick, in the Class column for each class. I don't know why it's not showing (works for me), I'm assuming you've got a current Trials licence (check under My Licences) or you wouldn't have been able to enter the Pathfinder. Maybe worth contacting ACU if you don't find a resolution.

nick_m
250cc Trail Rider

Postby nick_m » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Ah, current ACU licence is Road Race. On the Pathfinder entry I paid an extra £3 for day licence, I assumed I could do the same on this one, but possibly not!

I will give the ACU a call.

Thanks for you help!

nick_m
250cc Trail Rider

Postby nick_m » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:03 pm

ACU have added Trials to my licence and I have now been able to enter!

See you there!

Return to “Competitive Riding & Events like Enduro/3 Stage Trials/ Events”