Sweetlamb 14th - 15th September 2019

For all competitive riding such as enduros and hare & hounds
stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:49 am

Billy wrote:
Billy wrote:Something to take away from this . What you need is someone who is really good at organising something like this, who is very popular with members , who is willing to put in the time and effort involved and still have a sense of fun . If only we had someone like this on the committee ........

This is all getting out of hand . Steven you have asked me before for feedback on how people feel about certain things and that's what I have done .

Well I think we can agree on that.

There are lots of ways to deliver feedback and they don’t need to involve mud slinging on a public forum when you’ve only had one side of a story.

Like I said, I suggest we get a beer once I’m back and let’s see if we can get onto the same page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzzman
350cc Veteran

Re: Sweetlamb 14th - 15th September 2019

Postby Muzzman » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:19 pm

I would just like to clarify the Sweetlamb debacle with some facts in order to stop any further speculation.

Simon sent an email to all committee members on Monday 29th July at 19.45 (one day before the committee meeting) and this is what he said;
'Please find list of people going to Sweetlamb. I will not be going so please appoint someone who is to organise this.
Thank you.
Attached to the email was a list with the names of 20 members, 3 names are marked as 'Pulled out' and the other 17 are marked as TBC.

So this was six weeks and 3 days before the event was to take place and nobody had been confirmed as attending.

Simon did not attend the committee meeting so we did not have the chance to discuss this with him directly.

Steven then put a post on the forum, a post on Facebook and emailed members on the list asking them to confirm attendance and make a deposit payment, he also set up a separate email address to monitor any replies.

The response to this was not good with only a few people replying and only one person actually paying for his place (now refunded).

So on the 5th and 6th of August we started to contact the names on the list directly by phone, text and WhatsApp to get some firm commitment.
From all the names contacted, who we managed to reach, nobody was going to go to Sweetlamb with the main reason being that it was too late and they were now doing other things (one member said 'I don't think I was ever on the list').

Because of this the decision was made to cancel the event.

We then found ourselves with a potential liability to Sweetlamb of £3700.00 (20 x £185.00) and due to Steven speaking with Molly and explaining our problem we have only lost the £250.00 deposit paid in March and a lot of face.

I will be at the August clubnight if anyone has anything they would like to discuss directly.

Cheers, Murray.

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:01 pm

Muzzman wrote:I would just like to clarify the Sweetlamb debacle with some facts in order to stop any further speculation.

Simon sent an email to all committee members on Monday 29th July at 19.45 (one day before the committee meeting) and this is what he said;
'Please find list of people going to Sweetlamb. I will not be going so please appoint someone who is to organise this.
Thank you.
Attached to the email was a list with the names of 20 members, 3 names are marked as 'Pulled out' and the other 17 are marked as TBC.

So this was six weeks and 3 days before the event was to take place and nobody had been confirmed as attending.

Simon did not attend the committee meeting so we did not have the chance to discuss this with him directly.

Steven then put a post on the forum, a post on Facebook and emailed members on the list asking them to confirm attendance and make a deposit payment, he also set up a separate email address to monitor any replies.

The response to this was not good with only a few people replying and only one person actually paying for his place (now refunded).

So on the 5th and 6th of August we started to contact the names on the list directly by phone, text and WhatsApp to get some firm commitment.
From all the names contacted, who we managed to reach, nobody was going to go to Sweetlamb with the main reason being that it was too late and they were now doing other things (one member said 'I don't think I was ever on the list').

We then found ourselves with a potential liability to Sweetlamb of £3700.00 (20 x £185.00) and due to Steven speaking with Molly and explaining our problem we have only lost the £250.00 deposit paid in March and a lot of face.

I will be at the August clubnight if anyone has anything they would like to discuss directly.

Cheers, Murray.

All from a beach in Greece, may I add.

Simon Watson
400cc Thumper

Postby Simon Watson » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:23 pm

Not quite correct Murray. Happy to correct you and others in due course.

Muzzman wrote:I would just like to clarify the Sweetlamb debacle with some facts in order to stop any further speculation.

Thank you.

Cheers, Murray.

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Funny enough Simon’s on a beach in Greece as well.

Simon Watson
400cc Thumper

Postby Simon Watson » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:10 pm

Billy wrote:Funny enough Simon’s on a beach in Greece as well.

Fortunately 8,562 miles of coastline

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Simon Watson wrote:Not quite correct Murray. Happy to correct you and others in due course.

Billy wrote:Funny enough Simon’s on a beach in Greece as well.

Maybe we can have a chat over a Ouzo then!

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:27 pm

stevent wrote:

At last , someone talking some sense .

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:28 pm

At last someone’s talking some sense .

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:32 pm

Simon Watson wrote:Fortunately 8,562 miles of coastline

Ah well at least there are only 76 miles of Surrey byways

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:35 pm

Billy wrote:
stevent wrote:

Billy wrote:

Steve

Shall I moderate your duplicate post?

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:35 pm

I’m trying to do two things at once , old age and technology don’t go well together .

Return to “Competitive Riding & Events like Enduro/3 Stage Trials/ Events”