Pathfinder 2020 Sunday 17 May

For all competitive riding such as enduros and hare & hounds
kevpg
400cc Thumper

Pathfinder 2020 Sunday 17 May

Postby kevpg » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:49 pm

Surrey TRF and Aldermaston Nomads MCC will be holding their 3 Stage Pathfinder Trial again this year. Bigger and better? Well after selling out in 24hrs, which no one predicted, last years event was probably the best we have put on, we were back at Bagshot and using both pieces of land linked by the motorway tunnel it was a really great day. So get booked in early to avoid disappointment!

Sunday 17 May 2020

Venue: Bagshot, Surrey

Online entries open: 7th April 2020

You can send a paper entry but you are strongly advised to submit this before 7th April in order to secure a place.

Kev

What is a 3 Stage Trial?

Held on private land this event is a nice mix of forestry and open going, and was originally devised as a test of rider control and stamina for Army dispatch riders, its now the last of its type still running.

Stage 1: 2 laps of around 6 miles with trials sections, aimed at the trail/enduro bike rider, and a special speed test, you get 2 hours to ride this.

Stage 2: 2 laps again but the sections are eased a little, you get 1 1/2 hours to get around.

Stage 3: 2 laps for novices and 3 for experts, sections are pretty much removed, just the start gate to go through and you get 1 hour to ride this.

We had a good TRF turn out last year, from a full entry of 100, we are aim to make the course as trail bike friendly as possible and will be pushing hard to get as many other TRF group members entered as possible.

If you dont fancy entering then please help us out on the day as a observer or marshal, we always need lots of bodies!

Online entry this year via ACU website, entries open 7th April ACU licence available for £3.00 on the day or you can get a yearly one through the TRF for £10.00. Email - [email protected] for code.

Here is a some footage of a typical trials section, so you get an idea of what to expect, nothing too tricky.

And a few quotes form helpers and riders from last year:

Well done for coordinating this, was a great day out. The course was excellent, didn't cut up much, and section queueing seemed to be much less than last year, probably because of a decision to switch from punched cards to observer marking sheets.

I was a travelling marshal, and for a while I watched riders finishing stage 3, and giving their appreciation to the organisers for providing them with such an enjoyable day. Good to see such happy bikers!

Great also to see Strongbow and Billy amongst the marshals.

I'm sure that several Surrey TRF'ers gave up a lot of time for this - so apologies for not naming them all but I think particular thanks are due to Steve McCormick for taking on the role of event secretary.

Graham

A massive well done to the organisers! I know how much hard work goes into the event. The riders all seemed to be having a great time!

Cheers
Steve S

I would like to echo all the well done to everyone who contributed to make this happen. It wouldn’t happen without a lot of hard work and organisation. The fellowship at its best.

Steven T

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Re: Pathfinder 2020

Postby kevpg » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:57 pm

ALDERMASTON NOMADS MOTOR CYCLE CLUB
PATHFINDER 3 STAGE TRIAL
(Run in conjunction with Surrey Trail Riders Fellowship)
Training Areas D1, D2 off the Maultway, Bagshot (nearest postcode GU15 1PS)
Start 10.30 am Sunday 17th May 2020 Permit No. ACU. 58354
OFFICIALS:
Southern Centre ACU Steward – TBA Club Stewards – K. Greening, A Jeffery
Clerk of Course – I Mace (Licence No.58287) Machine Examiner – J. Dowse,
Secretary of meeting – Steven McCormick, 14, Jackson Close, Epsom, KT18 7RA Tel: 07718588905
SUPPLEMENTARY REGULATIONS:
1. Jurisdiction: Held under the National Sporting Code and Standing Regulations for Trials of the ACU, the Southern Centre trials regulations, these Supplementary regulations and any Final instructions that may be issued.
2. Eligibility: Open to registered Adult members of ACU affiliated Clubs and Police Personnel Riding Trail, Trial, or Enduro Solo machines - these must comply with ACU noise limits for trials (100 dBA) – This is mandatory and may be tested.
3. Course: Training Areas D1, D2 off the Maultway, Bagshot, Surrey. All on Private land. Dual sections will be used for Stg.1. Parking and Start areas will be in D2 (North of the M3)
4. Awards: Best Performance in each class (subject to 6 entries in a class), plus 10% of finishers.
5. TYRES: Only ACU Trials or FIM Enduro approved pattern on rear wheel for all classes.
6. Numbers: Machines should have flat surfaces on each side at the rear and on the front, minimum dimension 120mm H x 150mm W for self adhesive numbers. These will be issued at Signing on.
7. Entries: Limited to 100, accepted in the order received. Open 7th April 2020 Close 7th May 2020 (No entries on the day). Entries preferably on line through the ACU or on the form supplied and sent to the Secretary of the meeting with Entry Fee of £43-00 (plus £3-00 for a day licence if required) with 3 stamped addressed envelopes.
Team entries - Mixed Teams of 3, no fee. Cheques payable to Aldermaston Nomads MCC.
8. Proof of Club membership and ACU Licence must be shown at signing on (Insurance requirement)
9. Medication: You may be asked to take part in a drugs test. It is your responsibility to declare at signing on if you are taking any drugs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aldermaston Nomads MCC Permit No. ACU. 58354 17th May 2020
Entry Declaration: I, the undersigned apply to enter the event described above and in consideration thereof: -
I hereby declare that I have had the opportunity to read, and that I understand the National Sporting Code of the ACU, the ACU Standing Regulations, such Supplementary Regulations as have or may be issued for the event, and agree to be bound by them.
I further declare that I am physically and mentally fit to take part in the event and am competent to do so.
I confirm that I understand the nature and type of event I am entering and its inherent risks and agree to accept the same notwithstanding that such risks may involve negligence on the part of the organisers or officials.
I confirm that the machine as described below which I compete on shall be suitable and proper for the purpose.
I confirm that if any part of the event takes place on a public highway, the machine described below shall be insured as required by the Road Traffic Acts, or equivalent legislation, and that it will comply with the regulations in respect thereof.
I agree that I am required to register my arrival by ‘signing-on’ at the designated place not less than 30 minutes prior to commencement of my practice or first competition, whichever occurs first.

I enclose entry fee of £_________

Acknowledgement of the risks of motorsport: I understand that by taking part in this event I am exposed to a risk of death, becoming permanently disabled or suffering some other serious injury and I acknowledge that even in the event that negligence on the part of the ACU, the promoter, the organising club, the venue owner, or any individual carrying out duties on their behalf were to be a contributory cause of any serious injury I may suffer, the dominant cause of any serious injury will always be my voluntary decision to take part in a high risk activity.

I have read the above and acknowledge that my participation in motorsport is entirely at my own risk.

Rider's Signature .................................................................. If under 18 state date of birth ……………………….

For riders and passengers under 18 years of age – I accept the above conditions of entry to this event and give my approval: -

Signature of parent or person with parental responsibility: ………………………….
Riders under 18 years of age who cannot produce a valid ACU Trials Registration must also complete a ‘Parental Agreement form (Single Event)’ in addition to this entry form.

Rider’s Name and Address (block letters): ‑

...................................................................................................................................... e-mail address......................................

...................................................................................................... Post code......……….........

Telephone Number ................................................. ACU Licence No. - ……………….……

Club ..................................................... Machine ................................. cc ...............

CLASS - circle ONE class only

ENDURO TRIAL TRAIL
EXPERT or CLUBMAN or SPORTSMAN EXPERT or NOVICE EXPERT or NOVICE

Raleigh Chopper
400cc Thumper

Re: Pathfinder 2020 Sunday 17 May

Postby Raleigh Chopper » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Hi All,
this is a great event and although I do very few events, this one I never miss. It has something for everyone, no matter your skill level.

Kevin has gone to great lengths to keep this event alive and it is believed to be the only three stage trial still running in the country.

last year all 100 entries were filled within a few hours of it opening on the ACU site, meaning quite a few TRF'ers did not get a look in.

Kevin is now giving all Surrey Trf members a chance to get an early entry in (paper entry) see above, to avoid the scramble from 8.00am 7th April on the ACU site, which lets be honest, most of us will have little clue about navigating round.

So take this opportunity to maybe do your first event amongst lots of friendly faces who will be happy to give you advice.

Hope to see lots of you there.

Derek T

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Postby kevpg » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:00 pm

Raleigh Chopper wrote:Hi All,
this is a great event and although I do very few events, this one I never miss. It has something for everyone, no matter your skill level.

Kevin has gone to great lengths to keep this event alive and it is believed to be the only three stage trial still running in the country.

last year all 100 entries were filled within a few hours of it opening on the ACU site, meaning quite a few TRF'ers did not get a look in.

Kevin is now giving all Surrey Trf members a chance to get an early entry in (paper entry) see above, to avoid the scramble from 8.00am 7th April on the ACU site, which lets be honest, most of us will have little clue about navigating round.

So take this opportunity to maybe do your first event amongst lots of friendly faces who will be happy to give you advice.

Hope to see lots of you there.

Derek T

Thanks for the positive comments Derek!

I will be at the next club night, Tuesday 25th Feb, with some entry forms, or anyone keen can email me at [email protected] for a form.

Cheers

Kev

MuddySully
400cc Thumper

Postby MuddySully » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:41 pm

Just got my form, filled it out and posted it.

This is a great event and if you are keen then take this opportunity and enter before the frenzy starts on the 7th of April.

Cheers,

Peter.

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Postby kevpg » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:55 pm

Don't forget that I am also looking for volunteers to help run this event so if you don't fancy entering then please come along and help.

Kev

Return to “Competitive Riding & Events like Enduro/3 Stage Trials/ Events”