Aldermaston Nomads - 3 stage trial, Bagshot. Sunday 13th Apr

For all competitive riding such as enduros and hare & hounds
mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Postby mudeevee » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Great event this one. Surrey TRF entered a team last year (some of the riders even completed the 3 stages)!

The day is divided into 3 stages - each slightly more difficult than the last. You ride a course and encounter some trials sections on route. Last year the first stage was a lap in an hour or so.
Next stage, more laps, less time per lap, but the sections are opened up

Last stage, more enduro that trials. Again a couple of laps, less time. This time you just need to go through each section start gate.

Very sociable, no pressure and really well put together event.

If you want an entry form, I can PDF the paper one I have and email it. Let me know if you want an entry form.

Thanks

Derek

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Re: Aldermaston Nomads - 3 stage trial, Bagshot. Sunday 13th

Postby kevpg » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:40 pm

See you there. :)

GDAS
LIFE member

Postby GDAS » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Thanks Derek, I've come across a PDF here: http://aldermaston-nomads.org/wp-conten ... -04-13.pdf

Graham

gavinskii
400cc Thumper

Postby gavinskii » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:23 am

I'll be up for this again :)

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Postby mudeevee » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:35 am

gavinskii wrote:I'll be up for this again :)

Welcome back to the world of the walking (dabbing). Hope to catch-up soon on the trails,

Cheers

D

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:39 am

I'm getting muddy down Wiltshire way that weekend, :D
Off the beaten track!.

G-Bru
You should've bought a KTM!

Postby G-Bru » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:09 am

Sounds good, hopefully will be free for this one!

G
Grant

KTM 250EXC SixDays

Raleigh Chopper
400cc Thumper

Postby Raleigh Chopper » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:22 pm

I took part in this event yesterday and have to say it was one of my best biking days out. As a novice I had to complete six laps which were 5.5 miles each. The first stage was two laps with 10 reasonably tight trials sections, all to be completed within 2 hours. The second stage was two laps again but with the trials sectioned opened up (much easier) and completion within 1.5 hours. Finally the third stage was two laps (novice) to be completed in 1 hour but just ride through the entry gate of each section.
The riding was mainly technical single track through woods but with lots of long steep climbs and descents. Challenging yes, but nothing impossibly hard, otherwise I would not of completed! Unfortunately there was only 68 entries and the event made a £250 loss. There was talk yesterday that the event will never take place again which would be an absolute shame.
With less and less legal places to ride our bikes and an opportunity like yesterday is available, it is a real shame it was so poorly attended. There is no need to change to trials tyres, it's on our doorstep, its fantastic riding and quite honestly it maybe a competition for the experts, but for me it is just a chance to ride some different terrain on a really well thought out lap/route.
Anyway I thoroughly recommend it and just hope I get a chance to do it again.

Chopper.

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Postby mudeevee » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:43 pm

Nice write up Derek. I could not make it this year, but based on the previous 2 years, I'd have to agree. A well organised, friendly and challenging (for us novices) event. Would be a real shame if this years was the last :(

gavinskii
400cc Thumper

Postby gavinskii » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:56 pm

Well said Derek, a really good day out. You and Kev did fantastically - I was just gutted that my old TY had gearbox gremlins that meant I had to to retire - however on the flipside the weather was great and it was fun to watch and help out a bit with the marshaling

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Postby kevpg » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:51 pm

Great review Derek and I have to agree with all you said.

It was such a good day out, just as good as last year if not better.

A challenging single track course through some lovely mixed woodland, not too muddy but a nice mix of sand, roots, ruts and hills. I didn't get past third gear all day and the sections were really good fun but could easily bypass any of them if you didn't feel for it.
Still aching today.

I cant understand why the turn out was so low for this local event that cost £23.00 to enter, really the best fun you could have on two wheels. If it does not go ahead next year it will be an absolute tragedy.

Thanks to Graham, Derek and Gav for the company.

Roll on the Sphinx LDT in two weekends time!

Kev

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:10 pm

Shame this was under subscribed but I think Bagshot is over used, what we need is more land to hold these events. I have ridden Trials, Enduros and 3 Stagers at Bagshot in the past and would certainly not go out of my way to ride there, nice bit of land but if you ride regularly you will not find much new there.

PS, Nice write up Chopper.

Return to “Competitive Riding & Events like Enduro/3 Stage Trials/ Events”