SOLD Anyone interested in a 990 Adventure 2006?

Bikes, kit, surpluss gear...
Dirt
250cc Trail Rider

SOLD Anyone interested in a 990 Adventure 2006?

Postby Dirt » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:12 pm

About 20k miles; previous owner configured it for the Intercontinental Rally. Lights, luggage racks, suspension, side stand bypass, heavy duty bash plate, engine bars, strong hand guards, 908 Dunlop rear, TKC 80 front, heavy duty tubes, rim locks, etc.

Various spare parts included in sale. Original value was about £200 and the previous owner passed along to me for £100.

Reasons for selling:

1. Bike runs fine but I use it only for commuting in London, and the run is too short to fully recharge the battery so every few months I need to jump it. OK, that’s a lame excuse but I have no way to trickle charge where I park, and it’s worse in the cold weather.

2. Original reason for purchase was to try off-road. That worked so I bought a 701 Enduro. Much more practical for the lanes plus connecting road work, for a person of my skill. So the 990 is just a road bike now, which is not its natural habitat.

3. It’s Euro 3 compliant according to the specs, but as an 06 plate will fail the ULEZ test unless I get a KTM compliance certificate which is a nuisance. So need to get the certificate or else get it out of the London Congestion Charge by April 2019.

I’m thinking the bike should go to a good home, meaning someone who will reinvest the money saved from a bargain purchase to enjoy it. Otherwise I could just flog it off. I have a rough idea of value, and will sell to a forum member at half price.

PM if you’re interested. Collection in West London. Will consider a test ride if you’re a forum member of some standing, and show me proof of insurance.

Cheers

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Re: Anyone interested in a 990 Adventure 2006?

Postby Stewie » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:26 pm

GLWS, the 990 is the best big off road bike out there, been all over on mine keeps surprising me how nimble they are.
Off the beaten track!.

Peter Perfect
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Re: SOLD Anyone interested in a 990 Adventure 2006?

Postby Peter Perfect » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:47 am

Dirt wrote:
3. It’s Euro 3 compliant according to the specs, but as an 06 plate will fail the ULEZ test unless I get a KTM compliance certificate which is a nuisance. So need to get the certificate or else get it out of the London Congestion Charge by April 2019.

I'm Deputy Regional Representative for Greater London Motorcycle Action Group. Check your V5 for nOX output. If it's equal to or less than 0.15 then you can use TfL's Enquiry Page to upload a copy of your V5 and have your bike exempted from ULEZ Charges.

Peter

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Dirt
250cc Trail Rider

Re: SOLD Anyone interested in a 990 Adventure 2006?

Postby Dirt » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:18 am

Thanks for the tip - yes I had heard it’s possible to get a certificate from the manufacturer, if the bike is compliant even though manufactured before 2007.

The buyer did get the certificate, although I’m guessing the bike will end up outside central London anyway....

Return to “For Sale”