Dave Cooper trailer

Want something someone might have or they know where to get it?
NickT
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Dave Cooper trailer

Postby NickT » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:44 pm

I'm thinking about getting a collapsible single bike trailer. Does anyone have any experience of Dave Cooper trailers? Can anyone recommend them? Or does anyone have one for sale?

http://www.davecooper.co.uk/bike_trailers.asp

Corky78
350cc Veteran

Re: Dave Cooper trailer

Postby Corky78 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:18 pm

I have a double and I think Andrew (Burls) has a single.

I'm very happy with mine but you do need the hook type straps as the tie down points are quite small.

Breaks down nice and easy to put together once you've done it once or twice.

Good build quality and Dave is very helpful. Tows a treat.

Hope that helps
Corky

KTM 450 EXC 2006

burls
400cc Thumper

Postby burls » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:38 am

Corky78 wrote:I have a double and I think Andrew (Burls) has a single.

I'm very happy with mine but you do need the hook type straps as the tie down points are quite small.

Breaks down nice and easy to put together once you've done it once or twice.

Good build quality and Dave is very helpful. Tows a treat.

Hope that helps

I misread your first line Corky. Was going to say make mine a double just this once.

I'd describe the trailers as dismantle-able. Collapsible suggests it's a quick job and it's not, so like me you won't be taking it apart when you get to your ride destination. Quality is OK (galvanising is holding up well) but don't expect the build quality of a Trelgo so the odd sharp edge etc. all in all works well for me and reasonably priced.

Don't see many "collapsible" ones second hand. I did a swap with Jez cos he was too fat for it. Or was his bike too heavy, I can't remember.

If it helps you're welcome to come and have a look.

Fleegle
350cc Veteran

Postby Fleegle » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:57 pm

I have a proper collapsible one for sale

It's a Motolug single and double. Fantastically engineered, but not as easy as using a van. These tow extremely well and are not made out of tin. Allows to be used as a single or a double and will fold up/dismantle without the use of tools and will fit easily into the boot area of my C4

They aren't cheap though. I'm looking for £550. They are a just under a grand brand new

NickT
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Postby NickT » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Fleegle wrote:I have a proper collapsible one for sale

It's a Motolug single and double. Fantastically engineered, but not as easy as using a van. These tow extremely well and are not made out of tin. Allows to be used as a single or a double and will fold up/dismantle without the use of tools and will fit easily into the boot area of my C4

They aren't cheap though. I'm looking for £550. They are a just under a grand brand new

Hi Fleegle, thanks for the info. Please would you post some pictures?

NickT
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Postby NickT » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:55 pm

Fleegle wrote:I have a proper collapsible one for sale

Have PM'd you Fleegle.

Return to “Wanted”