Insurance

Talk about anything.
smokinrider
250cc Trail Rider

Insurance

Postby smokinrider » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:59 pm

As a broker I would have taken the time to tell you this but most wouldn't or wouldn't understand.

Faceless customer service bods at the end of a phone in a call centre wouldn't have a clue, as they're just keyboard users and not actually trained insurance guys.

How things changed when we all went direct on the telephone and now online.

But then brokers use to get 17.5% commission so wages were good but I bet they don't get 5% now and barely stay afloat. And unlike online they have to take flack daily over the counter on behalf of the companies they represent. No thanks, glad I'm no longer under that grindstone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Perfect
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Re: Insurance

Postby Peter Perfect » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:36 pm

If they have quoted you, even at 4x the previous premium, then they are not refusing to insure you, nor have they cancelled the policy.

The policy has come to an end because of the "total loss" claim.

Yes, you need to report the claim(s) but you should still be able to request quotes from various insurers.

Try searching online for Multi-Bike Insurance quotes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ShaunGASGAS300

Re: Insurance

Postby ShaunGASGAS300 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:07 am

Normally commission on motor is currently set between 7.5% - 10%. (Personal lines) & 10-12.5% on fleet. There is no money in personal insurance at all!

That is why I only get involved in commercial as earning are higher and corporate companies can't use compare the market.

Return to “General Discussion”