Blind as a Bat

Talk about anything.
Billy
woz bus pass

Blind as a Bat

Postby Billy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:47 pm

Thats me , I wear my normal specs with over spec goggles (Scott) , Works for me .

MuddySully
400cc Thumper

Re: Blind as a Bat

Postby MuddySully » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:20 pm

Same for me, Scott OTG goggles, but invested in some variafocal lenses in my specs.

PippaB
350cc Veteran

Postby PippaB » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Don’t you guys steam up at all, must be like having double glazing perched on your nose? I guess it’s a matter of practise and not to breathe to heavily!

Corr, I’m so relieved that I’m not the only one suffering from ‘going blind’, it was really knocking my confidence as I be alright til 12pm and everything starts to get a bit blurry and by 3pm, yes the dementia bit does kick in too as one starts to lose the plot as well as not seeing very well.

Love to try out those specs Murray at next meeting.

Also can the font go bigger at all or is that asking to much ? :)

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:17 pm

Pippa , if you bring your crash helmet and specs to club night I will try and remember to bring my goggles down for you to try .Problem I had with safety specs was dust and other $hit would get behind the specs .

Gary s
400cc Thumper

Postby Gary s » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:23 pm

buzzigirl wrote:
Corr, I’m so relieved that I’m not the only one suffering from ‘going blind’, it was really knocking my confidence as I be alright til 12pm and everything starts to get a bit blurry and by 3pm, yes the dementia bit does kick in too as one starts to lose the plot as well as not seeing very well.
:)

Boozing has the same effect on me too Pip!

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Postby kevpg » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:41 pm

I use safety glasses with the reading lens too, made 3m I think.They work well but as Billy says can get a bit of dust behind them in the summer months, never got on with goggles.
Kev

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:07 pm

kevpg wrote:I use safety glasses with the reading lens too, made 3m I think.They work well but as Billy says can get a bit of dust behind them in the summer months, never got on with goggles.
Kev

Dust is a pain but I worry more about stray branches and brush or stones kicked up by the bikes in front ,easy to get behind safety spec and could do a lot of damage to your eyes . Seen someone nearly lose an eye from a branch sticking out from the hedgerow .

NigelC
350cc Veteran

Postby NigelC » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:56 am

I use Oakley goggles that fit over my glasses, I think it's the O frame possibly. I'll see if i can find the original order.

I have now also got some daily disposable contact lenses, which are great but i have to carry a pair of reading glasses with me! :D

Nigel
Nigel TT250R Cooper

PippaB
350cc Veteran

Postby PippaB » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:14 pm

Had a fab ride today and with my glasses and new goggles....though at first everything was a bit scary and huge and my eyelashes for some reason were sticking to my glasses but soon was forgotten when we hit the tracks....though at times had to wriggle my nose to let air pass through cos it was getting a bit foggy but that soon passed as well.....and the best thing I could actually see where I was going....though reading anything was deffo a no no! :D Thanks guys for your tips

Return to “General Discussion”