In Memory of Derek Vansittart

Talk about anything.
Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:59 pm

Mudeevee’s last ride out

In memory of Mudeevee, Derek, Del, Vance or what he was known to you as, there will be a ride out to follow his funeral cortege on the 2nd Nov 2018. All types of bike are welcome on this run.

Please start to assemble from midday outside the family home at 92 Woking Road, Guildford GU1 1QL, there is quite a bit of parking on the road if required. We will then follow the cortege to Guildford Crematorium, New Pond Road, Godalming GU7 3DB for the service at 1.30pm.
You are then invited to the wake at The Manor Inn Beefeater, Godalming GU7 3BX afterwards.

No flowers please but donations to Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice. You can find the link on the Funeral Zone website.
www.funeralzone.co.uk and search for Derek John Vansittart.
For more details please contact Maino on [email protected]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steve sharp
LIFE member

Re: In Memory of Derek Vansittart

Postby steve sharp » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:57 pm

Thanks for sending out the details. I will see you at the family home.

Lets make this a massive turnout, to pay respect to Derek.

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:43 pm

Thanks Steve, I think a few are meeting at Newlands at 11.00 and making their way down to his house. Wherever you want to meet let’s have a good turnout for Derek . I will be collecting for the Marie Curie nurses who were a fantastic comfort in Derek’s last days , so don’t forget your wallet’s . Please all come ,it’s Derek’ last TRF run !

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:19 am

Thanks for posting Steve, I'll be there.
Off the beaten track!.

ShaunGASGAS300

Postby ShaunGASGAS300 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:35 pm

Billy wrote:Thanks Steve, I think a few are meeting at Newlands at 11.00 and making their way down to his house. Wherever you want to meet let’s have a good turnout for Derek . I will be collecting for the Marie Curie nurses who were a fantastic comfort in Derek’s last days , so don’t forget your wallet’s . Please all come ,it’s Derek’ last TRF run !

I will bring my wallet.

Could the surry group, maybe use some of the group funds (Or do a sponsor day/event) to sponsor a plaque, or sponsor a lane? something along those lines maybe?

19col58
350cc Veteran

Postby 19col58 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:43 pm

I'll be there.

Colin

Bush Pig
350cc Veteran

Postby Bush Pig » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:45 pm

I will try to be there, let's all give a fantastic bloke a great send off. He will be missed by all.

John

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:05 pm

Thanks everyone for contributing generously to the club night collection for Derek’s charity, we raised £219.62. I’ll check in with Maino and ensure this gets to the charity.

Thanks also for the suggestions as to how we remember Derek especially Simon and Shaun. We agreed a Longest Day run next Summer using the routes Derek plotted, and to look into either naming an unnamed byway or having a plaque placed on or near one of the local byways. I will also see if we can get enough photos and tributes/anecdotes together to create a photo book (I will start a separate thread for that tomorrow).

I’ll reach out to other TRF contacts who may have known Derek to pass on the details of the funeral.

Steven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trickey
400cc Thumper

Postby trickey » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:57 pm

One for the book
derek.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PippaB
350cc Veteran

Postby PippaB » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:31 pm

Found this and yes we'll be there, love to ride dirt bike though worried about too much road work and mousses exploding again! :shock:

Postby mudeevee » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:43 pm
Hey Dom!
Thanks for the last minute joining in. Great to get out & about in Surrey hills again. Splendid leading as well Dom. Good job matey!

Thought Pippa did really well for only her 2nd ride out. Not long before you outgrow that bike and Andy will need to get you another. He he.
Cheers all
Derek

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:26 pm

As per earlier post, please send me anecdotes and photographs of Derek, I hope we can get enough to make a book.

Please send full resolution pics to [email protected]

Hoping to get as many pics and anecdotes.
Thanks

Steven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:38 pm

A few have asked about dress code for Dereks funeral, it doesn’t matter what you turn up in , it’s more important that you turn up . I will be wearing my dirt bike stuff and I think Derek would be more than happy with that.

Return to “General Discussion”