DGR Charity ride:

Talk about anything.
silvergull
400cc Thumper

DGR Charity ride:

Postby silvergull » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi- if you want to sponsor the research into men mental health and prostate research, and have not donated, you may care to do so via my link: below.
On Sunday the 29th of September, I will don my finest attire with my fellow men and women across the globe to join the fight with The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride to raise awareness for prostate cancer and men's mental health. But before I press my tweed and polish my boots, I need you to donate what you can for this meaningful cause and help me reach my goal.

For your uncles, your brothers, your fathers and friends. Donate what you can, for their lives need not end.

https://www.gentlemansride.com/fundraiser/briancohen332651

Many thanks. Brian Cohen.
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

langley beta
250cc Trail Rider

Re: DGR Charity ride:

Postby langley beta » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:47 pm

Done

silvergull
400cc Thumper

Re: DGR Charity ride:

Postby silvergull » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:50 pm

Thanks to all who have donated, such a good cause, I do not have the addresses for some who have but you know who you are, so thank you. Lets hope for a good dry day, the old bike has not seen moisture for many a year. Thanks again, bc

silvergull
400cc Thumper

Re: DGR Charity ride: Thank you!

Postby silvergull » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:14 pm

Update on this event:
It took place today, despite a torrential downpour at the start, which for me meant a slight change in attire, ( wore my old 45 year old original Belstaffs, which matched the approx. date of my bike as it turns out and kept out the water too-- good kit, that old waxed cotton 'quality' stuff! trousers still too big and jacket a little tight, in case you were wondering). The weather did put off a few of the 'less committed' riders, but it soon dried out, and it turned into a good day out. I would guess at about 240 bikes, mostly modern-ish, but some real crackers too. And a few TRF riders in there as well-
Just to let you know, those of who you who did donate,( Thank you so much!) Through this initial post some £400, plus a bit more from various other sources, so in total £565, was raised. So not too bad! (Next time I will try harder! )
(Note of curiosity- there was a rider wearing a kilt- giving a new meaning to air-cooled! A very hardy soul indeed!)

Worldwide, some US $ 5 million plus was raised, with literally hundreds of thousands of riders taking part. So all in all, a good worthwhile event.
Thanks once again I am not sure if it would be appropriate to name the TRF donors, so will err on side of caution, you all know who you are: Cheers!

I will definitely be doing this again next year, hope to see more of you there, so be prepared!
Thanks again ,
BC

Return to “General Discussion”