Gentlemans Ride, for Charity

Talk about anything.
silvergull
400cc Thumper

Gentlemans Ride, for Charity

Postby silvergull » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:03 pm

Hi TRF members:
Last year I entered the DGR ( Distinguished Gentleman's Ride) which is a world wide charity raising funds for research into Mens Mental health and other issues. Many millions of pounds were raised last year, worldwide. I did put an appeal on this forum then, the response was wonderful, and some £800 was raised. I ask you again to support this year, the link to my page is here:

https://gfolk.me/briancohen332651

On Sunday the 27th of September, I'm riding solo in The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride with fellow men and women across the globe to raise funds and awareness for prostate cancer and men's mental health on behalf of Movember.

Men die on average 6 years earlier than women and for largely preventable reasons. The number of men that are suffering is growing, and we need to do something about that. So, before I press my tweed and polish my boots, I'm asking you to join me in raising funds and awareness for these causes by donating what you can for this meaningful cause and to help the men we love, live happier and healthier lives.

Your support again will be greatly appreciated, especially this year, and due to Covid no group ride will take place, but individual rides will, the date is the 27the September.

Thanks very much,
Brian Cohen.
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

silvergull
400cc Thumper

Re: Gentlemans Ride, for Charity

Postby silvergull » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:12 am

Hi, despite no replies to this post yet, there are some TRF members who have donated already- I will not name anyone here, they have been personally thanked, but again, thank you, you know who you are! Let's hope more are encouraged to support this really good cause. Cheers bc

silvergull
400cc Thumper

Postby silvergull » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:39 am

Thanks to those who have donated, appreciated , and all the more so because its for a great cause. they are coming in! cheers bc

boredus
250cc Trail Rider

Postby boredus » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:33 am

Thank you Brian,

Having both a close friend and my father being affected by these issues in my mid 20s and mid 30s I know they are very much real world problems.

I hope you have a fantastic day out and the old beemer does you proud once again.

Regards
Ian

Return to “General Discussion”