Boot recommendation for a short person...

Using something that's clearly worth talking about? Share it.
Suzuki-Stumpy
LIFE member

Boot recommendation for a short person...

Postby Suzuki-Stumpy » Fri May 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Being a little on the short side, I'm looking for a good pair of off-road boots (preferably waterproof) which will give me a couple of inches extra height. I'm currently using a pair of old Alpinestars Tech 3 boots to ride with a couple of heel lifts inserted inside them (gains me around 2" leg length) ... however this isn't really that comfortable to wear for long periods as the boot straps are way too tight across the top of my foot.

Ideally, could do with something that has the bottom of the boot thicker by design.

I've contacted Altberg to see if they can make something suitable, but looking at their range on their website, they seem to really only produce boots suitable for road riding and nothing in the way of a properly armoured boot.

Anyone have any recommendations?

gavinskii
400cc Thumper

Re: Boot recommendation for a short person...

Postby gavinskii » Fri May 09, 2014 2:42 pm

What about something like this....

;)

Suzuki-Stumpy
LIFE member

Postby Suzuki-Stumpy » Fri May 09, 2014 3:13 pm

gavinskii wrote:What about something like this....

;)

Heightwise they'd be OK (although I'd have to get used to walking in heels). Might not offer much protection for the shin and calf area though. :)

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Fri May 09, 2014 6:19 pm

Didn`t know you were selling your old gear off Gav. Is that lacy thong you had on the at club night available ?

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Postby mudeevee » Fri May 09, 2014 10:29 pm

gavinskii wrote:What about something like this....

;)

Gav
You should warn people that wearing these can seriously injure an Achilles' tendon

gavinskii
400cc Thumper

Postby gavinskii » Sat May 10, 2014 12:33 am

Billy wrote:Didn`t know you were selling your old gear off Gav. Is that lacy thong you had on the at club night available ?

Nah...saving that for my room mates in the IOM next w/e :D

Dave
250cc

Postby Dave » Sat May 10, 2014 1:55 am

Hahaha!

In all seriousness fck the t3's. They are Damn good at preventing broken bones because they are a cast of tick plastic bollix. But versus the number of times I've actually needed that level of protection on the lanes I'd go for something a little more mobile.

I know a lot of the time the t3s are attractive because of their price but getting something you can comfortably change gear with is. Nicer.

Billy
woz bus pass

Postby Billy » Sat May 10, 2014 6:45 am

gtcodave wrote:Hahaha!

In all seriousness fck the t3's. They are Damn good at preventing broken bones because they are a cast of tick plastic bollix. But versus the number of times I've actually needed that level of protection on the lanes I'd go for something a little more mobile.

I know a lot of the time the t3s are attractive because of their price but getting something you can comfortably change gear with is. Nicer.

Question of comfort over safety, you never know how much protection you need till its not there, but then its too late. Newer riders should wear as much as possible. I have always used Alpinestars over the years, yes no movement but lots of protection.I think we stray from subject though as the problem seems to be height on bike related.

Return to “Kit Recommendations”