Tyre Changing - Help offered

If you need help with mechanics ask here. If you have tips to share post here.
ScruffyDroid
350cc Veteran

Tyre Changing - Help offered

Postby ScruffyDroid » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:08 pm

Anyone needing help with tyre changes / mousses / Tubliss, I'm based in Camberley. I have all the gear (and no idea!) If you need any help, or just fancy a tinker, let me know/?

Jobs tackled so far:

Dirt Bike #1 (KDX 220R) - Rear tyre removed and Mousse lubed up and refitted / General tidy up / Oil Changed - Ready for Sale to anyone interested in kick-start Classic? Many modifications, but all original parts included if you wanted it "stock". Top end done with Wossner Piston - 25hrs on Green Lanes only (No Enduro!)

Dirt Bike #2 (Xtrainer) - New Rear tyre MotoZ Hybrid Xtreme (Tubliss) / Rear wheel bearings and seals replaced (SKF) / Rear linkage bearings cleaned and lubed / New Rear and Front Sprockets (14/49) / New Chain RK X-Ring 520 / General tidy up / Dielectric Greased all electrical connections

To do : revalve front fork Rebound stack using KTM shims / clean and grease fork stem bearings

Barry
Beta Xtrainer 300 :roll:
Honda CRF230F :oops:
ex-Kawasaki KDX220R (now sold to a fellow TRF Member) :mrgreen:

Riojaman
50cc Fizzy

Re: Tyre Changing - Help offered

Postby Riojaman » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:47 pm

Hi ScruffyDroid

Yes I would like to take you up on your offer, I have a couple of new mousse to install, have tried the front and its a mare.

Whats your availability?

cheers

Darren

ScruffyDroid
350cc Veteran

Re: Tyre Changing - Help offered

Postby ScruffyDroid » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:20 am

Darren

Good morning to you. I'm available most evenings from 5pm, but due to the heat over the next few days, I'd suggest next week Tuesday or Wednesday? Send me a PM with your phone number.

Where are you located?

Barry
Beta Xtrainer 300 :roll:
Honda CRF230F :oops:
ex-Kawasaki KDX220R (now sold to a fellow TRF Member) :mrgreen:

Return to “Motorbike Technical & Tips”