Charity RIde - 1st August - London to Arnhem

Bike shows and other events we've made an appearance
Dave
250cc

Charity RIde - 1st August - London to Arnhem

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:31 pm

Hi All,

A colleague of mine recently lost his son who became a human shield to save his fiancée, who was until recently in critical condition in hospital, from the madness that took place in Tunisia. This is tragic and really is hard to accept.

I'm taking part in a ludicrous challenge ride, a charity ride in fact, which was set up by a friend, Alex, recently. The riders will leave Westminster Abbey @ 5:00am and arrive in Arnhem at 23:00 (hopefully) the same day; meandering across France, Belgium & Netherlands stopping at significant POI to document and pay respects.

The charity is called the Benevolent Army Fund. They were established after WWII and, although not as well marketed as charities such as Help For Heroes, do a great deal to support other charities and the wider families who suffer as a result of conflict.

Whilst I acknowledge this has nothing to do with trail riding I would ask that, if you feel able, you kindly donate to the just giving page we've launched (and apply gift aid). If we raise £500 a company called Mace have pledged to double it.

https://www.justgiving.com/L-A2015/
https://www.justgiving.com/L-A2015/

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Re: Charity RIde - 1st August - London to Arnhem

Postby mudeevee » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:10 am

Good luck with the ride!

Being ex military I fully support the Army Benevolent Fund and all it does for ex servicemen and their families.
I'll pay a visit to the justgiving page. Is there a facebook/twitter link I can share?

Cheers

Derek

Dave
250cc

Re: Charity RIde - 1st August - London to Arnhem

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:53 pm

Just a quick update that I've started writing up the documentation of the ride and that MOST IMPORTANTLY we raised nearly £1200 and were granted an award for being within the top 3% of fund raisers on Just Giving for July. Many thanks for your donation Derek!

Return to “Events”