new to this trail riding world. what do i do?

Bike shows and other events we've made an appearance
danielmoulson
50cc Honda PC

new to this trail riding world. what do i do?

Postby danielmoulson » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi I have just found this site and would love to give green laning ago. I ve never done this before but i have do quite a lot of motocross track days and used to compete in armature speedway a few years ago so i'm not a complete beginner on mud. I live in west london and basically would like to know where the nearest place to do it would be and if there were any groups of guys i could ride along with sometime? cheers daniel

G-Bru
You should've bought a KTM!

Re: new to this trail riding world. what do i do?

Postby G-Bru » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi Dan and WELCOME to the forum!

Have you joined the TRF? If not, no worries, as we allow anybody looking at getting into green laning a chance to come ride with us on one of our beginner rides. If it so happens that you have enjoyed it and want to continue riding with us then we expect you to join the TRF. Your membership helps fight a good cause to keep our lanes open across the country.

We are quite an active bunch, so keep an eye out for any Beginner Rides posted here on the forum. Rides usually depart from Guildford, Newlands Corner, Puttenham, Box Hill, Hindhead or Alton. If any of these take your fancy then simply get your name down before the places are filled. (Usually 6 riders per run leader).

Hopefully see you soon.

G
Grant

KTM 250EXC SixDays

danielmoulson
50cc Honda PC

Postby danielmoulson » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:32 am

sounds good. from that list probably puttenham or newlands corner are the closest so will look out for something going on near there. thanks daniel

Dave
250cc

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:46 am

Hi.

Bruski's right. There's a constant battle to keep these lanes open for the enjoyment of 2 wheelers, which is a must because some lanes are ruddy beautiful and others very challenging. The riding technique isn't quite the same as mx so you'll enjoy it :D

What bike you got?

Subscribe to the Rides And Meets forum and keep an eye for up coming rides. If you used to ride speed way and still do mx your probably ok for an intermediate ride :)

Hopefully Sharpie is about and can give you an intro

farnham flyer
350cc Veteran

Postby farnham flyer » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:39 am

Daniel,

I sent you a PM saying i will be around Tilford, Frensham, and Hindhead etc if you wanted to join me on Saturday.

Paul.

steve sharp
LIFE member

Postby steve sharp » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi Daniel,

I have copied details of my next ride, it is specifically for new people and it will give you a good introduction to Trail riding and our Byways between Dorking & Guildford.

Details below, reply back to me via to that post if you want a place.

I have also attached a new members info sheet for you.

Cheers
Steve

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=243
Friday 29th March - Easy ride - Priority to New(ish) member

Hi,
I will be leading an easy ride with priority to new members or newish members. Gentle pace and lots of rest stops, a good introduction to trail riding.
It will be open to new members or newish members and opened up to more experienced riders if I do not get enough new (ish) riders wanting a place.
Please contact me to book your place, state if new(ish) or more experienced. I can then compile the lists. 6 riders max.

Friday 29th March
11-00 am start time
Meet: Rykas Cafe Car Park, Box Hill, nr Dorking.
Back mid/late afternoon depending upon progress.

Please bring a few tools for small repairs, and fixing punctures or breakdown card.

Regards
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Events”