Police action Day/Operation Dragnet

Bike shows and other events we've made an appearance
Muzzman
350cc Veteran

Police action Day/Operation Dragnet

Postby Muzzman » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:57 am

Hi All,

We have been asked by Mole Valley Police to assist them with an "Engagement Day" on Sunday 19th May out on the Surrey lanes.

This is in response to a number of complaints received by them and SCC about incidents between different users of the byways and some illegal activity taking place, mainly incursions into adjacent land off of the byways.

The purpose of the day is to educate the public on the positive use of off road locations specifically byways and to promote interaction between the users to generate understanding and good will.

There will be static locations set up in 3 places that feature most often in the complaints. These are Wolvens Lane, Frensham Ponds (The Sands) and Sheepwalk/ White Downs Lane. The main location will be Wolvens Lane where there will be static "stands" from the various organisations attending. Each location will have a marked police vehicle in attendance with uniformed officers.

Groups attending are; Surrey Police, Glass (Green Lane Association,(4x4's), TRF, SCC, Forestry Commission, National Trust, SPUR, Surrey (no idea) and Surrey Hills.

There will be mobile patrols on the day led by an offroad police motorcycle with 2 or 3 trail riders following and also a police Ford Ranger with a couple of 4 x 4's following. The idea is to stop and talk to users who may not be using the byways in a correct manner.

Myself and John Barber are leading this event on behalf of South London and Surrey TRF and are looking for helpers and riders to be present on the day.
We will need 2 people to be static at each of the 3 locations as well as riders to go out with the police motorcyclist.
The event is scheduled to run from 9.00am until 2.00pm so if you can help please let me know either by posting on this forum, P.M. or call me on 07886 027067.

If you do think you can attend on the day please try to wear any TRF clothing you may have and have a TRF sticker on your bike, it all helps to show who we are.

This is an amazing opportunity to promote the TRF and the work we do and to show the public that we are human and have a right to be out on the lanes.

Please Help.

Thanks, Murray.

HuskyAndy
250cc Trail Rider

Re: Police action Day/Operation Dragnet

Postby HuskyAndy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:16 pm

Hi Murray, if you would like some help at Frensham we would be happy to lend a hand, Pippa & Andy.

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:00 pm

Happy to help, Wolverns is closest to me, prefer to be mobile or alternate with the stand.
Off the beaten track!.

Muzzman
350cc Veteran

Postby Muzzman » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:47 pm

Andy and Pippa, thanks for the offer, that would be great.

Stewie, I'll be static on Wolvens so you can be mobile with the police.

I'll be in touch with more details later.

Cheers, Murray.

Rickypdq
125cc L Plates

Postby Rickypdq » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:07 pm

Will there be an opportunity to join the TRF on the day?

silvergull
400cc Thumper

Postby silvergull » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:19 am

hi, I am not the membership secretary, but would suggest you join now. The trf is a national organisation, you join that, then nominate your chosen area for the individual section you prefer to meet with. On this action day, there will be no chance to join up then. Best is to go the the main trf site, join up now, (why wait) and they will process your membership. I am sure there are details in other areas of this forum which tell you how. But you would be welcome to help out on the dsy, either way. cheers bc
Beano: Appears on a Wednesday

Muzzman
350cc Veteran

Postby Muzzman » Wed May 01, 2019 11:33 pm

Hi all,
Just need to keep this thread up the top.

The response so far has been slow with only 3 members coming forward to help.

Please step up and help out, we'll look a bit silly if we can't put enough bodies on the ground.

It's not all standing around, you will be riding the lanes with the police off road team.

Thanks, Murray.

ScruffyDroid
350cc Veteran

Postby ScruffyDroid » Thu May 02, 2019 6:39 am

Sadly, I'll be in Villefranche that weekend. Sorry I can't be there.

Thanks
Beta Xtrainer 300 :roll:
Honda CRF230F :oops:
ex-Kawasaki KDX220R (now sold to a fellow TRF Member) :mrgreen:

MauroC
350cc Veteran

Postby MauroC » Thu May 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Apologies Murray, we committed to the MARSDEN MARCH sponsored walk that was meant to happen in March and got cancelled. They've now reset the date for the 19th of May so on that marshalling. Shame as I would like to have met the other off road users from the other groups.

See you Club Night, Mauro.

19col58
350cc Veteran

Postby 19col58 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:00 pm

Sorry Murray, I've already committed to taking a couple of mates (not TRF yet) out for a ride. We will be at Frensham as customers though!

Colin

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Postby kevpg » Thu May 02, 2019 7:15 pm

I will be there.
Kev

Bullet51
250cc Trail Rider

Postby Bullet51 » Thu May 02, 2019 9:26 pm

Murray, my bike is now working so happy to help on the day. Let me know how I can help.

Return to “Events”