Green Road Guardians: log of good deeds - pls add to this!

Improving access and enjoyment of the green road network for everyone.
stevent
1150 adventurer

Green Road Guardians: log of good deeds - pls add to this!

Postby stevent » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:08 pm

24/04/2016 507 (D223) Albury Ride Lane - Brian Cohen Inspection of Ride Lane "no traffic at all on the lane, condition as good as it gets"

05/05/2016 526 (D287) Wotton Wolvens Lane/Crockers Lane Brian Cohen Inspections of various routes
Rode this yesterday ( Thursday 5th May), from the northern end the closed sign was down, evidence of work at the entrance, so proceeded-It appears to be open. The deep rut is still there, signs of 4 x 4 damage, although alongside this the road has been repaired, so quite passable, Further down, there is a lot of evidence of recent repair, a whole beach load of sand at various places, tree removed, so the lane is now clear. However, at the southern side, where the last house is located, the closed sign os up there, still- This to me looks improvised, as it is propped up by logs, and debris, and interestingly, the closed sign has moved to just beyond the last house. It was not here at first, but much further south towards Coldharbour. I will draw this to the attention of the ROW dept today. There is also one more closed sign on the side more towards Coldharbour but does not look correctly placed, again I suspect a local attempt here to bar access. The repairs have been done, however.
Also rode on my way home from work Water Lane, Mayorhouse, Ride, Madeghole, Ponds,London, Silkmore, Green, Fullers, Hook Wood 540, Coldharbour, Beggars, Hogden, Sheepwalk, Drove. - all clear and in good state, although it did take longer to get home than is normally the case. bc

26/05/2016 103 Leatherhead Admirals Road - Stewie, Ed Fletcher - "Flytipping reported."
https://forum.surreytrf.org.uk/viewtopi ... c&start=12
I've today reported this issue to District Council, their ref PROW 614916. The mess is still there today, but now easier to get past. Otherwise the track from Bocketts top car park all the way through Hogden Lane is clear, the central gulley along Hogden Lane is not so deep/easier now. Thanks to Stewie and Steven for the heads up.
Ed.
This issue is now logged as ref. SS1/148700 by Mole Valley District Council. No news yet as to date of action. Ed."

30/05/2016 103 Leatherhead Admirals Road Stewie, Ed Fletcher - More flytipping - inspection carried out.
https://forum.surreytrf.org.uk/viewtopi ... 39028e11c9
"Fly-tipping seen on byway. Inspection undertaken on the following day.
Happy to report Admirals Road is today clear of all fly tipping.
I guess MVDC have acted from the earlier report.
Also, Surrey Wild Life Trust were there cutting back the bushes along it.
Lots of water pooling in the usual places.
Ed."

05/06/2016 534 (D61) Sandy Lane Steve Sharp & 6 volunteers "Byway clearing, organised through Surrey County Council
https://forum.surreytrf.org.uk/viewtopi ... 9&start=12
I have met Surrey CC and walked the route with them, they will provide the risk assessment and have given us permission carry out the Byway clearance. We will be cutting back the vegetation and overhanging branches at the Byway in Normandy. Between Bailes Lane, Normandy and Frog Grove Lane, Wood Street village
Date: Sunday 5th June Meet/start time: 10-00am Parking: There is limited parking in a very small layby/car park at the Normandy end of the Byway, if you can car share please do so. There is room for a few more cars on the road next to it.
Address: Bailes Lane, off of Guildford Road A323, Normandy, Surrey. Please see attached map.
Please bring the following tools/safety stuff: Gloves, saws, secateurs, lopers. Note: We cannot use power tools...

Post event report: Many thanks to: John, Paul Mc, Steve B, Tony P, John B, Ian & Steve S
The trail gods blessed us with good weather and the team did a great job clearing the lane.
We were so engrossed with clearing that we forgot to take any before or ""action"" photos. :roll: But here is a photo showing our hard work.. as you can see it still looks natural..."

11/06/2016 538 (D250) Silkmore Lane Steven Taylor Removed vegetation which was obscuring signs on byways warning of crossing vehicles.
https://forum.surreytrf.org.uk/viewtopi ... 1c9#p16703

..........please add a response to this thread if you undertake any "good deeds" --- inspections, reporting incidents, liaison or awareness raising, clearances, etc etc.

Pepperbox
125cc L Plates

Re: Green Road Guardians: log of good deeds - pls add to thi

Postby Pepperbox » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi,

Reported an incident of fly tipping on Byway 278 (Painshill) today.

Steve

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:37 pm

I reported fly tipping which we found on Sunday 3 July on Folly Hatch Lane -
Good Afternoon Steven, Thank you for your reporting of the fly tipping on byway 522, Follyhatch Lane. I have passed this information onto the street cleaning team and they will deal with this with the appropriate action. Your reference is SFT013127. If there is anything else we can help you with, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Also, Ron L has just let me know he has reported fly tipping too:
Flytipping on Hogden Lane Boat 98 at grid TQ 125502 also Shacleford Boat 527 at grid SU 928454 both reported to SCC .
reference number is: PROW915804 -- reference number is: PROW652402

Scutty
250cc Trail Rider

Postby Scutty » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:37 pm

25/07/2016

I have reported fly tipping on the south end of Smuggler's Way in The Sand's and a dumped caravan on the east end of Green Lane East in Normandy.

Return to “Green Road Guardians”