First sat run Nov 2nd

Runs for newcomers. (Rides & Meets has now been moved to the TRF Members Area)
coolhand
400cc Thumper

Re: First sat run Nov 2nd

Postby coolhand » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:49 am

Well here we are its the day before, all week weather reports have said it would be nice but checking today it looks like we have rain! I am gutted. Please let me know if you are not on the list and should be and please let me know if you no longer wish to come.

Likewise there are spaces left so if you want a last min place then please let me know.

Riders List:

1. Tilford Beginners
leader Stewie
Michael M
Seb
Martin C
Jez (forum)
Colin B (forum)

2. Tilford Intermediates
Leader Steven T
Simon C
Glen B
Juan N
James Bates

3. Tilford Intermediates
Leader Steve S
Dave Sola
Steve N
Lee White
Les Beech

4. Tilford Intermediates
Leader Rich Hobbs
Me
Jonathan Starkey
Chris Jaehme
Darren Perry

5. Boxhill Beginners
Leader Gary S
David B
Richard Todd
Ben S starting 1-2pm Newlands
Steve (forum) starting 1-2pm Newlands

6. Boxhill Intermediates
Leader Derek T
Neil B
Phil O
Andy Dunne

axis
50cc Honda PC

Postby axis » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:37 pm

Hi Luke - I'd requested to joing the Boxhill beginner ride on Fecebook (Dave W) but having just been out on my bike for the first time in several months this morning to prepare, something's not right (keeps cutting out). So please count me out from tomorrow and will get ready for the next one. Apologies for the late notice and hope you all have a great time. Regards

coolhand
400cc Thumper

Postby coolhand » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:43 pm

Ok thanks for letting me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanGraham
50cc Fizzy

Postby DanGraham » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:29 pm

Really sorry to bail the day before. Our builders have brought forward our extension by 3 weeks so need to spend all weekend emptying the loft. Hope you all have a good one. Dan

coolhand
400cc Thumper

Postby coolhand » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Ok thanks for letting me know.

Jezben
250cc Trail Rider

Postby Jezben » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:26 pm

Colin and I will be along to Tilford.
Does any one that is going to the Tilford rides have any 2 stroke oil they could bring along for Colin, as his delivery never turned up today. He is using Motorex cross power 2 stroke oil.
He will obviously pay for it. No worries if not, hopefully there is enough in the oil tank.

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:27 pm

I'll have a look in the morning, should have some.
Off the beaten track!.

Jezben
250cc Trail Rider

Postby Jezben » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:31 pm

Thanks for the guiding and a bit of tuition on the terrain Stewie. Hope we weren't too slow.
Really enjoyed the ride today

Jez

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:21 pm

Jezben wrote:Thanks for the guiding and a bit of tuition on the terrain Stewie. Hope we weren't too slow.
Really enjoyed the ride today

Jez

Your more than welcome, it's what the TRF is all about, good pace today 8-)
Off the beaten track!.

stevent
1150 adventurer

First sat run Nov 2nd

Postby stevent » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:44 am

A big thank you to Luke for organising this, all the run leaders: Stewie, Richard, Steve, Derek and Gary*; and everyone who turned up.

The rain wreaked havoc with Luke’s carefully organised groups, although having said that, I don’t think we had a single person pull out because of the rain. Lots of other funny sounding reasons though... that kept me amused!

I have to admit as I was heading down the A3 in monsoon like rain I was wondering what I was doing and finding reasons why it was a good idea...

My slightly depleted group made its getaway and we were blessed: once on the trails the rain cleared... by 11:00 I glimpsed blue sky and then after we only suffered the odd squall.

In my group I had Juan on his Africa Twin and James who rides regularly with Lodden Group.

It was great to see Juan get his beast of a bike through the more technical lanes like Ramsdean. He was super determined: an enduro rider, now riding a bigger bike, training for a cross country even this summer.

It was also great doing the lanes after it had rained. Water Lane in flood (action shot showing James)

And, the weather meant almost nobody else out!

Come 4pm we were back and with everyone grinning, like virtually every other run I’ve done.

Most important piece of kit yesterday was a good waterproof jacket. My Icon PDX 2 kept my top half dry all day. Highly recommended.

Roll on our next first Saturday, which’ll be 7 December. We’re wanting to make these monthly events better and better so please post up feedback or send to Luke or myself.

Thanks all

* Edited: sorry Gary for missing you off.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gary s
400cc Thumper

Postby Gary s » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:38 am

Steven I was also out helping on Saturday with beginner's runs.
A nice response from one of the riders.

Woke up 6.30am, left 8.15am. After defying the London traffic jam, the rain and the gale wind on the highway, I finally arrive at 10am to Tilford...to the wrong side of the closed bridge f*ck! I try to make my way around but arrive late and miss Stewie Roberts big bike group. Fortunately some guys are still here, and they nicely propose me to join. I try to follow but I quickly understand that it won't work for me with my behemoth. putain!
Soaked and grumpy, I don't give up and decide to try my luck in Newlands Corner.
Thanksfully, I met two other new beginners, Ben and Steve (if I am not mistaken ) , and Gary Sharpe decide to take the lead and to lead us around.
And what a fantastic ride it was ! Gary really made all the efforts to make it easy and enjoyable for us (and for my big bike). It was a pleasure to ride with you guys.
I was also quite surprised by the quality of the lanes and the efforts made by TRF to keep them rideable. Congrats to the team, well done.
I finally made my way back (through an even worse London's traffic jam...) and came home at 7pm for a well deserved pint, God save english ale
Cheers to all and see you soon.
Seb

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:40 pm

Gary
What great feedback.
Sorry for missing you off the list! Have added you.
Steven

Return to “Beginners Runs”