Surrey TRF Group Picture / Video Store

Need help using the forum? Speak here. Forum updates announced here too.
Dave
250cc

Surrey TRF Group Picture / Video Store

Postby Dave » Wed May 21, 2014 10:06 pm

It was suggested by several people including myself that it would be good to have an online storage facility to put all of our videos and pictures of our epic adventures so the group who went out could all get a copy. When we go away on these excellent excursions, some of us, who are either too busy living the moment to take a photo or are incapable of attaching a GoPro to our bike without it falling off, would love to leave with some memorabilia.

Due to the immense size of GoPro footage it make it storing it on my servers a no go. I have been looking at other online options such as MegaUpload, Dropbox, Owncloud and such like. Seems like the easiest solution would be to use Google Apps. It allows us monitor users, keep any uploaded content private, prevent malicious vandalism, set albums and has UNLIMITED SPACE!

But is it still viewed as a good idea? What do the owners of the footage/photos want?

If this is still a go ahead could anyone wanting to contribute please pm me their email so I can make them a manager/contributor of the Surrey TRF Google Page which will allow them to upload photos and access the Surrey TRF YouTube channel to upload any vids.

Seems like the best compromise as it also allows downloading by those who are authorised to upload.

Dave
250cc

Re: Surrey TRF Group Picture / Video Store

Postby Dave » Wed May 21, 2014 10:15 pm

or if anyone has a better idea??

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Re: Surrey TRF Group Picture / Video Store

Postby Stewie » Wed May 21, 2014 10:49 pm

Sounds like a good idea, we would need a site that has no deterioration of the file size for those wanting to down load other people's pictures.
Please let me know if I can help in any way.
Off the beaten track!.

Return to “Forum Updates / Tutorials / Suggestions / Help”