Isle of Man trails

Need help using the forum? Speak here. Forum updates announced here too.
Rick Gee
50cc Fizzy

Isle of Man trails

Postby Rick Gee » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:47 pm

I wonder whether anyone can help.

I am going to the classic TT on the Isle of Man over the August bank holiday and I'm taking the off road bike to play on for a few days between races.

Is there a TRF branch out there to hook up with or any good guides that anyone has used so I can plan the trip.

Anyone else there at the same time who may want to join up let me know.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Rick

[email protected]

Stewie
1150 adventurer

Re: Isle of Man trails

Postby Stewie » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi Rick, I did a thread on the main TRF forum http://www.trf.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=13784 about my trip to the IOM, I don't think there is a TRF group there, but there are organized rides, I just brought a map ( 50'000 couldn't find a 25'000 ), all the trails are very well signed, there is a good one that leads from Ginger Hall.
I was a bit limited as I was on the Pegaso, there were quite a few lanes that I could have done had I had the EXC, but aired on the side of caution as I was riding solo.
A lot of the trails are rocky tracks.
The views are spectacular IMHO

Just been looking at the photos, got IOM envy now :lol: , have fun there's plenty to see and do.
Off the beaten track!.

steve sharp
LIFE member

Postby steve sharp » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:36 pm

http://www.trf.org.uk/groups.html

I couldn't find a group on the list of groups.

Rick Gee
50cc Fizzy

Postby Rick Gee » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Thanks Steve,

For the advice and the prompt response.

I'm taking the KTM EXC 400 so should be OK.

There seems to some mutterings (I Googled the subject) that off road riding is being curtailed by the Manx Govt after massive local lobbying (albeit the IOM Tourist website seems to be encouraging it) so I just wondered whether anyone had come across any restrictions.

I am staying in Douglas over the week with a local family so I'll ask my hosts whether there are any guides who are good and I'll post back for everyone's reference when I've been

Your pictures look great, I am looking forward already.

I'll see you on a ride out soon-I've been in group with you before but you probably won't recognise the name without seeing me.

Best wishes Rick

Return to “Forum Updates / Tutorials / Suggestions / Help”