Learning routes & run leading

Post your planned rides here. Or request a leader for a ride.
trickey
350cc Veteran

Re: Learning routes & run leading

Postby trickey » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:47 pm

Yes please steve. Richard.

burls
400cc Thumper

Postby burls » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Steve, sorry im a little late replying. Please stick me down as reserve for 10Dec.

If you get a double bogey on any other dates i can make them after Syd but dont extend your reserve list......One is enough.

AndrewB
Last edited by burls on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steve sharp
LIFE member

Postby steve sharp » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:35 pm

Sunday 10th December - Tilford Road, car park near the bridge, Tilford, Surrey - 10-00 start

List: Andy Wenlock, Dominic, Syd, Gav, Mark, Richard
Reserve: AndrewB
Ride Full

These are the maps that you will need. I recommend Landranger maps, so your not changing maps all the time.
Aldershot & Guildford 186, Chichester & South Downs 197, Winchester & Basingstoke 185

You will also need the map case/holder. See earlier note.

steve sharp
LIFE member

Postby steve sharp » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:51 pm

Sunday 29th October - Devils Punch Bowl Car Park, Hindhead - Start 10-00 - We will be riding south to the South Downs and then looping back to Hindhead. Includes the Byways around the punchbowl.
Rider List: Derek, Richard, Dominic, Gary, Mark, Syd
Reserve: AndrewB

Syd - You have a place, Luke had to drop out. If you wish to come along please confirm, but I realise that you are doing Kevs run on 28th.

AndrewB - If Syd cant make it you have a place.

Sunday 19th November - Alton Station Car Park, Alton - Start 10-00 - We will be riding south to South Downs and looping back. I will be doing different routes at later dates.
Rider List: Derek, Richard, Dominic, Gary, Mark, Luke A
Reserve: Syd, AndrewB

Cheers
Steve

burls
400cc Thumper

Postby burls » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:15 am

Steve I’ve made other plans now for 29 Oct. please take me off reserve. Other dates good, thank you.

AndrewB

Syd
250cc Trail Rider

Postby Syd » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:41 am

Thanks Steve, I don't think I'll get away with a double bubble at such short notice. I'm still on for 10th Dec and happy to stay on reserve for 19th Nov

steve sharp
LIFE member

Postby steve sharp » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Syd wrote:Thanks Steve, I don't think I'll get away with a double bubble at such short notice. I'm still on for 10th Dec and happy to stay on reserve for 19th Nov

Ok cheers guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trickey
350cc Veteran

Postby trickey » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:43 pm

Steve so sorry can't make it Sunday due to rear wheel adjuster rusted solid in swinging arm . I was checking the bike over today , when i noticed the front sprocket was looking worn , so quick phone call to Derek at simply trail and an hour later had all the parts needed at a very reasonable price. changed both sprockets and chain, whent to adjust chain ,tension bolt wouldn't shift . Copious amounts of wd 40 and three hours later no joy, just a rounded off bolt head . Has anybody got any ideas?.

steve sharp
LIFE member

Postby steve sharp » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:16 pm

Sunday 29th October - Devils Punch Bowl Car Park, Hindhead - Start 10-00 - We will be riding south to the South Downs and then looping back to Hindhead. Includes the Byways around the punchbowl.
Rider List: Derek, Dominic, Gary, Mark

Ok cheers Guys.

Good luck Richard

Hoops
350cc Veteran

Postby Hoops » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:28 pm

trickey wrote:Steve so sorry can't make it Sunday due to rear wheel adjuster rusted solid in swinging arm . I was checking the bike over today , when i noticed the front sprocket was looking worn , so quick phone call to Derek at simply trail and an hour later had all the parts needed at a very reasonable price. changed both sprockets and chain, whent to adjust chain ,tension bolt wouldn't shift . Copious amounts of wd 40 and three hours later no joy, just a rounded off bolt head . Has anybody got any ideas?.
Penetrating oil and a blowtorch has worked for me in the past with copious profanities. Or just refit the old chain and sprockets assuming they ain't totally goosed, until you get the chance to attack it properly.

I had to resort to drilling once and managed to snap a drill bit that ended up rattling around inside the swingarm. Bloody annoying. Ended up filling the swingarm with expanding foam to shut it up lol.

Good luck.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Dominic
400cc Thumper

Postby Dominic » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:00 am

And spray them with GT85 after every wash in the future.... people will laugh and tut but the adjusters won’t seize.

burls
400cc Thumper

Postby burls » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:00 pm

trickey wrote:Steve so sorry can't make it Sunday due to rear wheel adjuster rusted solid in swinging arm . I was checking the bike over today , when i noticed the front sprocket was looking worn , so quick phone call to Derek at simply trail and an hour later had all the parts needed at a very reasonable price. changed both sprockets and chain, whent to adjust chain ,tension bolt wouldn't shift . Copious amounts of wd 40 and three hours later no joy, just a rounded off bolt head . Has anybody got any ideas?.

Good luck removing the rusted adjuster. I remove the bolts and put copper grease on threads when I change tyres. Never had one seize.

Return to “Rides & Meets”