Sat 6 Jan - Hindhead to Petersfield - in-betweeners run

Post your planned rides here. Or request a leader for a ride.
stevent
750 flat tracker

Re: Sat 6 Jan - Hindhead to Petersfield - in-betweeners run

Postby stevent » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:45 am

I'm going to do it all again next Saturday! Look out for a new run listing!

michaelmy
250cc Trail Rider

Postby michaelmy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:29 am

Thanks to Rich for a truly great day with SteveRst . Fiveways was a real mud fest and the chalk steps - near Hawsley ? - were extreme! Great riding and challenging lanes. A fantastic route - thanks to Rich for leading - and credit to Steve on the Honda L !

6daysextreme
350cc Veteran

Postby 6daysextreme » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:55 pm

Wheatham Hill near hawkley.
Very very slippery this time of year.
You did so well - really need attack mode to get up. Good riding with you guys.
R

SteveRST
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Postby SteveRST » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:14 pm

Fantastic day yesterday!

Rode with Rich (who has guided me at this location once before) and Michael. It was incredibly muddy out there... and I think us 3 came back wearing most of it! :lol:

Rich wanted to 'look at' the chalky steps... these seemed like an impossible feat to me, but I was shamed by Michael who did a bloody good job of getting up the 3 big step-ups. I attempted but failed, and Rich rode my bike up then he followed.

Michael on the clay:

We then proceed to make slow, exhausting progress on the clay to the top if the lane, and almost made it - but were thwarted when my bike's battery gave up and refused to start. How annoying! Had to turned around and coast it back down then was able to bump start.

'5 Ways' was incredibly muddy and slippery. I got the rear wheel bogged down and was unable to get the bike out. Rich and Michael had to help me out again there, so thank you chaps.

Watery Lane was amazing. Riding up a rock stream bed with the stream flowing and over-hanging foliage overhead. Felt like a proper adventure!

Thank you Rich for leading a superb and varied ride and to Michael for your company and help.

Steve

Return to “Rides & Meets”