Adventure and enduro cocktail

Post your planned rides here. Or request a leader for a ride.
Syd
250cc Trail Rider

Adventure and enduro cocktail

Postby Syd » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:15 pm

What do people think about using it with big bikes green laning? My friend has an adventure bike and I’m wondering about how that works in practice ?

Faisal
350cc Veteran

Re: Adventure and enduro cocktail

Postby Faisal » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:34 pm

I have had big bikes on my local runs - worked well, taken them down all the lanes and all riders have made it look easy.

I suspect a quicker pace or longer run could be an issue.

A lot to break and bend on the bigger bikes - but happy to take on my local runs, probably different opinions by other run leaders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syd
250cc Trail Rider

Postby Syd » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:12 pm

i noticed you've been on the run leading as have i. do you fancy getting together and working a few bits out before leading? Steve is also arranging a session it makes sense for a few of us to practice together? i'll bring my friend with the adventure bike for a try out. i posted some dates on the run leading thread. let me know if you fancy a rendevous..
Last edited by Syd on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faisal
350cc Veteran

Postby Faisal » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:39 pm

Been leading local half day runs for years - happy to show you and your mate the local circuit. I’ll post a local lanes ‘leading’ run in the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stewie
950 adventurer

Postby Stewie » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:30 am

It all depends on who's riding the big bike, I've taken a few out, a few of the big GSs did really well considering they had not been out much, the thing with bigger bikes they handle better at speed and there lies the problem for ya newbie, saying that I've had groups of 990 up Gibbits, Wolverns lane is great for big bikes as it had a bit of everything, and tyre choice is paramount in muddy conditions.
Off the beaten track!.

Syd
250cc Trail Rider

Postby Syd » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:23 am

I’m going to try to learn some runs myself, so will take him along. He done a couple of African trips so he’s reasonably handy. I assume off road tyres, rather than the dual sports stand fitment.

Return to “Rides & Meets”