Saturday 31st March 2018 - Beginner / newbie ride out - half day.

Post your planned rides here. Or request a leader for a ride.
smccormick
350cc Veteran

Saturday 31st March 2018 - Beginner / newbie ride out - half day.

Postby smccormick » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Dear all,

My third run to lead out, rescheduled from the 3rd March. A beginners / newbie run with the definition below.

Plan would be to start at Rykas Cake at 09:30am so start to mingle from 09:00am for coffee/tea etc.

It will be a short ride from Rykas to a route to be confirmed. Nothing mad, easy pace, tea/coffee stops, half day in total.

We will have frequent stops so if you want a progressive/fast run this is NOT for you.

Expected finish time will be around 1pm depending on how we get on, maybe earlier.

The GPX route will be posted before the run. **** A New route with some different lanes to the previous two rides. ****

If you want to try your Sat Nav device out on the run ping me and I'll arrange a quick informal session on how to load up the GPX file etc.

Please take the time to read the following:

Run events - http://www.surreytrf.org.uk/runs-events/

Run leading - http://www.surreytrf.org.uk/trf-run-leading/

Maximum of 6 people on the ride out.

1. Steven McCormick

2nd group:

Reserve List:

Updated 24th March - Rescheduled from 3rd March due to crap weather and planning to run on 31st March.

To be clear as well, folks coming on the ride, you are in control of your own motorcycle, you ride your own ride, make sure enough distance between you and the rider in front, ride to TRF guidelines and common sense.

This is my second led ride out so be gentle, I am not the fastest nor the best rider but like to get out on the lanes and enjoy our countryside while having a coffee and cake where required/necessary. Likely photo opportunities will be taken as well so nice smiles please.

We will have a back marker rider and we will all use the drop off system / line of sight system / don't loose riders behind you / common sense. :-)

At all junctions; check that the rider is behind you. If you cannot see him, wait for him. Do not turn off without the rider behind you seeing where you turned.

Seems awfully complicated but its all common sense.

DEFINITIONS:

Beginner Runs or Newbie Runs:

Does what it says on the tin, there aimed at riders that have not ridden on trails before, and a good way to meet fellow newbies and get an idea of the TRF, without worrying about pace, also a good way to learn about your new bike with the strange tyres on.
The run will generally but short with lots of rest stops, with a pace to suit the whole group.
Last edited by smccormick on Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Westerham Womble
125cc L Plates

Re: Saturday 3rd March 2018 - Beginner / newbie ride out - half day.

Postby Westerham Womble » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:34 pm

Could you save me a place please Steve.

Many Thanks

Martin

Red Baron
250cc Trail Rider

Postby Red Baron » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:41 am

Hi Steve.
Count me in for your ride. Still laughing after the last one.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Many thanks
Grant

Dangerous Dave
250cc Trail Rider

Postby Dangerous Dave » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:43 pm

Yes please, 2nd outing for me will be good to get out again.
Dave

IIISHORTYIII
125cc L Plates

Postby IIISHORTYIII » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:22 pm

Put me down please

Thanks Ben

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Last edited by IIISHORTYIII on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiggy
50cc Fizzy

Postby Tiggy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:01 am

Hi Steve,
Could I join you on this one please?
Rob

Ernst
250cc Trail Rider

Postby Ernst » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:20 pm

Would like to join
Cheers
Ernst

Johnplumpton
120cc Thumpstar Pro

Postby Johnplumpton » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:13 pm

smccormick wrote:Dear all,

My third run to lead out. A beginners / newbie run with the definition below.

Plan would be to start at Rykas Cake at 09:30am so start to mingle from 09:00am for coffee/tea etc.

It will be a short ride from Rykas to a route to be confirmed. Nothing mad, easy pace, tea/coffee stops, half day in total.

We will have frequent stops so if you want a progressive/fast run this is NOT for you.

Expected finish time will be around 1pm depending on how we get on, maybe earlier.

The GPX route will be posted before the run. **** A New route with some different lanes to the previous two rides. ****

If you want to try your Sat Nav device out on the run ping me and I'll arrange a quick informal session on how to load up the GPX file etc.

Please take the time to read the following:

Run events - http://www.surreytrf.org.uk/runs-events/

Run leading - http://www.surreytrf.org.uk/trf-run-leading/

Maximum of 6 people on the ride out.

1. Steven McCormick
2. Martin (Westerham Womble)
3. Grant (Red Baron)

2nd group:

1. Run leader needed if numbers exceed one group.

Reserve List:

To be clear as well, folks coming on the ride, you are in control of your own motorcycle, you ride your own ride, make sure enough distance between you and the rider in front, ride to TRF guidelines and common sense.

This is my second led ride out so be gentle, I am not the fastest nor the best rider but like to get out on the lanes and enjoy our countryside while having a coffee and cake where required/necessary. Likely photo opportunities will be taken as well so nice smiles please.

We will have a back marker rider and we will all use the drop off system / line of sight system / don't loose riders behind you / common sense. :-)

At all junctions; check that the rider is behind you. If you cannot see him, wait for him. Do not turn off without the rider behind you seeing where you turned.

Seems awfully complicated but its all common sense.

DEFINITIONS:

Beginner Runs or Newbie Runs:

Does what it says on the tin, there aimed at riders that have not ridden on trails before, and a good way to meet fellow newbies and get an idea of the TRF, without worrying about pace, also a good way to learn about your new bike with the strange tyres on.
The run will generally but short with lots of rest stops, with a pace to suit the whole group.
Not really a newbie but have had very little dirt riding in last few years. Ok if I tag along?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

smccormick
350cc Veteran

Postby smccormick » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:55 pm

Hi guys/gals

List updated, 2nd group filling up.

A run leader for 2nd group please?

Thanks folks, really great to have such great feedback and to know people want a nice easy half day bimble.

Cheers

Steven

smccormick
350cc Veteran

Postby smccormick » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:31 am

Hi all,

With all this lovely snow around, its bloody freezing and I have to give you warning if it continues I will be riding no where on Saturday.

So a heads up that the beginner ride out on Saturday morning maybe rescheduled to a warmer day. :-)

Cheers

Steven

Dominic
400cc Thumper

Postby Dominic » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:27 am

I can take the group if there are still riders keen to face the snow and ice? Let me know.

IIISHORTYIII
125cc L Plates

Postby IIISHORTYIII » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:42 am

I am happy to go if others are?

Thanks
Ben

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Return to “Rides & Meets”