Peak demo - Fri 25 Jan - Aldern House, nr Bakewell, Peak Dis

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
stevent
1150 adventurer

Peak demo - Fri 25 Jan - Aldern House, nr Bakewell, Peak Dis

Postby stevent » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:25 pm

This email is sent on behalf of Mike Irving, Communications Director for the TRF and any replies should be directed to [email protected]

Dear Member

This is a request I put out on the TRF Forum a couple of Nights ago.......some of you may have received it already or seen it posted.

I cannot stress how important it is that we put a big effort into this demonstration on Friday the 25th January. Our Big Guns are going to be in that meeting saying their piece. I want them to know they have the support of the rest of us outside those offices ........and we need the Park Authority to know that if they do not sit back and listen they will have one hell of a fight on their hands....It’s the start of the New Year........use one of your holiday days to good effect and show these people just how much the lanes are worth to you.

Thanks in advance

Mike Irving
Communications Director TRF

AND IF YOU ARE READING THIS EMAIL AND YOU SHOULDN”T BE.......GOOD.......BECAUSE NOW YOU KNOW WHATS COMING....

The TRF victory over the PDNPA and the Chapel Gate ETRO could be short-lived because the Authority has a meeting arranged for the 25th January at the PDNP Head Office to close it again.

I know its a Friday but its vitally important we make a lasting impression on the attendees to that meeting that they are messing with the wrong People. whilst we have speakers inside the meeting from the various user groups the Authority is just not listening to us and ignoring our rights.

We require as many Trailbikers and 4 x 4 vehicles as possible in the carpark at Aldern House BEFORE 9.00am to prevent visitors and members parking easily. We will conduct a Rally and Protest at the highest possible volume, complete with Placards, Banners, loud hailers and advertising.

This will only work if we are in the Hundreds. ( thousands would be good) we have to demonstrate to the Authorities that what they are doing by banning us from the Green Lanes affects a great number of people from allover the country. i implore every TRF Group, every motorcycle and 4 x 4 club to be represented and bring your vehicles ( road legal of course) and bring your Club Flags/ banners for identification as we will be on the Telly and all the papers.

After the Rally we will go out onto the lanes for a mass ride out, maybe more so be prepared.

The purpose of this is to persuade the Authority that it will be easier to work with us than Ban us. We want them to stop wasting the publics money and sit down and talk with us...........I want to be able to threaten the PDNPA that if they don't listen to us i have the power to cause them so much disruption they will regret the day they started this course of action and i can only do it if i have numbers. I can only do it if YOU care enough to take a day off work to be there on the 25Th of January.

Tell your friends, tell the Ramblers, tell everyone we are coming to Bakewell on the 25th........more the merrier. Please post this on your forums.

Mike Irving, TRF Communications Director
[email protected]

stevent
1150 adventurer

Re: Peak demo - Fri 25 Jan - Aldern House, nr Bakewell, Peak

Postby stevent » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:26 pm

It's a long way - but this is an important battle - is anyone thinking of going?

fallenmikethebike
250cc Trail Rider

Postby fallenmikethebike » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:57 pm

I would really like too, BUT, it's the thick end of 3 hours to get there, and they really want us there and set up by 09.00AM :shock: Early doors.
Mike

Beerbelly
750 flat tracker

Postby Beerbelly » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:39 pm

Would be up for going but had a lot of time off work already... Sorry

Return to “Political Rights Of Way News”