TEMPORARY CLOSURE - GRAYSHOTT BOAT 13

News of Byways or UCRs under threat by selfish or boring people
GDAS
LIFE member

TEMPORARY CLOSURE - GRAYSHOTT BOAT 13

Postby GDAS » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:37 pm

Hampshire County Council, to prevent the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road, considers that the closure to the road as specified below should come into force without delay

http://www3.hants.gov.uk/pnadetail?noticeUID=2008

HCC plays the Health & Safety card. Again!

Dave
250cc

Re: TEMPORARY CLOSURE - GRAYSHOTT BOAT 13

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:51 am

Another short notice two year closure?

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Postby mudeevee » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:10 am

I think we (The TRF) should respond in some way.......

This is the third temp closure that Hants have said '21 days or until repaired'. The last 2 were way back in July, and although closed, there is no evidence of any repairs.

Should we enquire and find out what surveys were completed and the findings that led to closure on safety grounds? What budgets are in place to effect repairs? And why repair work has not been completed in a timely manner?

The idea of the offering help with repairs, once the scope of the closure is understood may be a good way of getting the council on board?

As this is Hants, do we do something or are we obliged to make way to the Southern group?

StevenT and Mike are the people with the knowledge. Any way of getting something moving on this?

Dave
250cc

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:30 pm

This is the third temp closure that Hants have said '21 days or until repaired'. The last 2 were way back in July, and although closed, there is no evidence of any repairs. [/quote]
As mentioned above I'm also wondering if this is closed to all.

It makes NO SENSE closing lanes because they are dangerous when my bike would argue otherwise, but still allowing pedestrians and cyclists which perhaps it is dangerous for.

mudeevee wrote:Should we enquire and find out what surveys were completed and the findings that led to closure on safety grounds? What budgets are in place to effect repairs? And why repair work has not been completed in a timely manner?

Yes I think we should enquire if none of us could see a problem and are now having our right to travel these lanes restricted. But I would begrudge anything we do having a negative impact.

What do National TRF think? lol

mudeevee wrote:The idea of the offering help with repairs, once the scope of the closure is understood may be a good way of getting the council on board?

Yes. Working with and being diplomatic makes sense. But the question still remains on the damage... :/

fallenmikethebike
250cc Trail Rider

Postby fallenmikethebike » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:15 pm

From reading the notice it does not single out specific user groups, so it's all inclusive.
The bitter pill is that whence it's eventually mended they re-open it in a staged process to asses damage from each user group starting with the least damaging stakeholder group[ in their opinion], so it may well be up to a 3 year process :shock: .
Unless some lucky individuals have found £100k or so in their camel backs our help will be of limited value. The tactic is to big up the cost of the repair to further support their argument that motorised use is just to aggressive for unsurfaced ancient rights of way, but metal shod hooves are tickedy boo, not that their elitist or anything.
Mike

stevent
1150 adventurer

Postby stevent » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Tony Carter of the Lodden Vale TRF has told me he is writing to Hants CC to find out what is going on with these closures and when they'll be open again. Will update you when I hear more

Return to “Political Rights Of Way News”