Club Night - Tuesday 26 Sept 2017

Up coming club night news
TonyR
400cc Thumper

Club Night - Tuesday 26 Sept 2017

Postby TonyR » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:46 pm

Venue: Ripley British Legion, 25 Rose Lane, Ripley, Woking, Surrey GU23 6NE

Hi All
Just a reminder that club night is this coming Tuesday!

The agenda is as follows.

8-30
Arrive grab a beer, meet new members, mark up maps, informal chat.
Welcome to new, old and prospective members!
We are here to discuss routes, ride outs, answer any questions etc.
John will have the marked up maps for TRF members.

9-00 Formalities start

ROW - Steven/Brian/Kev

Future Rides & Meets/Events

Ride report - The Spanish Pyrenees & "The Vince"

Saturday 30th September
TonyR - Beginners run from Ryka's around the Surrey hills

Sunday 22nd October
Witley 100 LDT - Online entries now open for this great event

AOB

9-30/9-45 ish Formal bit finished, carry on map marking, new member chat, informal chat (New members, please make yourselves known to me)

10.30 finish

Tony

stevent
1150 adventurer

Re: Club Night - Tuesday 26 Sept 2017

Postby stevent » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:07 am

Thanks Tony,

Brian, Murray and I will be holding a "sign gang" sub-meeting, to work out how we get the new byway signs onto fingerposts. If anyone is keen to assist, you are welcome to join this. You can read the Surrey Hills press release about this work here - scroll down to 17 July 17. http://www.surreyhills.org/news/

As part of the Rights of Road agenda item I will be bringing to everyone's attention, the publication of notices relating to the temporary closure of two routes in Hampshire. As posted separately.

Finally, yesterday I led a group yesterday and we did London Road, Bighton. This was verging on impassable. We did manage to get through but we had to plough through 10' nettles and under/around many newly fallen trees (hard to see in the nettles). We can discuss how we ensure this route isn't completely lost.

Look forward to seeing you at club night!

Steven

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Postby mudeevee » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:26 am

Thanks to Kevin for running the show last night!
Kevin collected donations from those attending and some run fees. These totalled £55, which I transferred to Surrey TRF bank account last night.

On the 'upcoming rides' section, it is clear that we need more people to come forward and lead rides. Both newbie rides and inters.

I've always found run leading to be great fun and very satisfying. It does take a little effort to organise routes and stops etc, but these small challenges are quickly overcome! In addition, there is nearly always someone in the group who knows where they are and can chip in with help/advice.

If you fancy leading a ride, but are having any doubts, please get in touch with myself, StevenT or any other ride leaders you know. We're all willing to help in any way way we can.

The aim here is to get more people out riding and having some fun. It's the fun bit that is catching, almost infectious!
Get involved people and put a smile on your face!

Ride Safe
Derek

Sent from my SM-T719 using Tapatalk

steve sharp
LIFE member

Postby steve sharp » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Run leader training and learning routes - I will be doing a couple of rides for people to learn routes and then doing some run leader training at a later date with them, or people way want to just learn routes and then lead.

Please see the post. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2570

Steve

steve sharp
LIFE member

Postby steve sharp » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Run leader training and learning routes - I will be doing a couple of rides for people to learn routes and then doing some run leader training at a later date with them, or people way want to just learn routes and then lead.

Please see the post. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2570

Steve

Return to “Club Night”