New Members Information Note and FAQ's Sheet

New TRF members & those thinking of joining announce yourselves here.
steve sharp
LIFE member
Posts: 1194
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:45 pm

New Members Information Note and FAQ's Sheet

Postby steve sharp » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Welcome to our new members, please see the information note and FAQ's sheet attached to this post. It provides useful information on trail riding and how our group operates.

If you have any questions or need further information, do not hesitate to ask via the Forum, via our email account, phone or come and see us at club night.

If you have any specific Forum technical questions please contact our experts Dave, Chris or Grant.

Steve Sharp
Group Representative
Newmemberinfo_FAQs_sheet Nov 2014 Issue 1.pdf
(198.67 KiB) Downloaded 205 times

750 flat tracker
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Permit required for some Byways - how to apply

Postby stevent » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:04 pm

A small number of byways in Kent and Hampshire require you to have registered for and obtained a permit, in order to use the byway with a vehicle legally.

These permit schemes have been put in place in order to address problems on the routes in particular irresponsible use. Only a small number of routes are currently covered, in Kent and Hampshire (not Surrey). Whilst there is some bureaucracy involved in getting hold of the permits, once you have them you then have the right to use the route, which might otherwise have been closed to all trail riders indefinitely. Recent experience has been that both Kent and Hampshire County Councils have been extremely efficient in issuing permits.

For details on how to obtain a permit for affected routes in Kent - click here: ... nd-permits
Routes currently covered include:
KH94 Bredhurst
KH219 Lenham
MR45A Snodland
NS245 and NS221, Luddesdown
RS221 and Chapel Lane (part) Halling (experimental order).
To find where these routes are, you can use the Kent Rights of Way map. After you have done a search e.g. , you need to switch on the Rights of Way layer (appears on the right side of the screen). ... fault.aspx

For details on how to obtain a permit for affected routes in Hampshire - click here:
Routes currently covered include:
Bentworth BOATS 27 and 28 (Jenny Green Lane)
Soon to be added: Bentworth BOAT 23 and Wield 19 and 20.
Hampshire rights of way map -

Please read the Guidance such as the "What is meant by ‘responsible behaviour’ for motorised users?" on Hampshire's site, and of course always follow the TRF Code of Conduct.

If you're reading this and you are not a TRF member - please join - many routes remain open due to the TRF engaging with Councils to protect rights to use rights of way, and taking action when Councils and other highways authorities act unlawfully. Its easy to join:

Return to “Welcome New Members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest