Pathfinder Trial Sunday April 23rd

For all competitive riding such as enduros and hare & hounds
Toppsoff
350cc Veteran

Re: Pathfinder Trial Sunday April 23rd

Postby Toppsoff » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:43 pm

I was knackered at this point anyway and in typical fashion the bike hit the pipe just at the wrong time and completely got away from me....got to love a smoker...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
James Crawford

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Postby kevpg » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:57 pm

Thanks for all the positive comments, I am glad you all enjoyed the day.
Cheers.
Kev

GuzziGreg
250cc Trail Rider

Postby GuzziGreg » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:04 pm

GDAS
LIFE member

Postby GDAS » Wed May 03, 2017 12:41 am

Kev is obviously far too modest to mention this, but the printed results I received in the post say "Huge thanks go to Kevin Greening and the team from Surrey TRF for their help in setting out, marshalling and encouraging enough riders to make it worthwhile running the event"

This is an event that I've been doing almost every year since 1999. Back then, it was one of half a dozen or so annual 3-stage trials run by clubs such as Surrey Police MCC, Hampshire Police MCC, Civil Service Motoring Association, and it was common for the Army to enter teams of squaddies on hideously heavy Harley Davidson trail bikes. A few years ago the Army team entries ceased - I think they stopped using bikes and switched to quads instead - and for various reasons (increased land costs, lack of new blood) the other 3-stagers disappeared, leaving the Pathfinder on its own.

Those of you who took part in the Pathfinder at Deepcut just over a week ago will have no doubt enjoyed yourselves. It's a very sociable event, and it's all about learning to safely ride a course more quickly than you might have originally thought was possible. In my view, it mixes Trials and Enduro in such a way that there's something for everyone.

A couple of years ago, the Pathfinder was close to joining the other 3-stagers - entries were in decline, costs from Landmarc were increasing, the club's officials were getting older. Step forward Kevin Greening, with his boundless enthusiasm, and a gang of merry Surrey TRFers, and two years later they were having to declare the entry full at around 110, turning people away.

So I'd like to offer my sincere thanks to Kevin, and all who have helped out this year and last, for reviving this local event. Long may it continue.

Graham

Return to “Competitive Riding & Events like Enduro/3 Stage Trials/ Events”