Nuetech TUbliss system. Has anyone tried them

If you need help with mechanics ask here. If you have tips to share post here.
MuddySully
400cc Thumper

Nuetech TUbliss system. Has anyone tried them

Postby MuddySully » Thu May 12, 2016 10:49 pm

I've had a quick look around the forum and couldn't find any chats about the Nuetech TUbliss system so I wondered if anyone has tried them out.

There's a lot of reviews online and they appear to be a good alternative to Mousse or straight forward inner tubes. There are pro's and Con's as with anything but it would be great to know what you think.

Also there don't appear to be many UK distributors.

Peter.

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Re: Nuetech TUbliss system. Has anyone tried them

Postby mudeevee » Fri May 13, 2016 1:08 am

Hi Peter,
We looked at importing them and selling them via Simply Trail. We'd have to import em from Germany (European distributor for a US product) and the best price we could sell them on at made it not worth while.

There are a few people on the Surrey forum who have tried them - with mixed results I've heard. As with all things, you pays your money and takes your chance - these seem to be quite expensive (circa £85-£90) + the new Tyre that is needed (not recommended to use a tyre that has been used with a rim lock). Even then, some people have had problems with not holding air..........

Lets see who pops up and gives their 'real life' experience of using them.....................

GDAS
LIFE member

Postby GDAS » Fri May 13, 2016 9:02 am

There's a useful Barry Morris vid here that explains Tubes vs TUbliss vs Mousse very well https://youtu.be/xkPc27mU17s

I use them on my Long Distance Trials bikes (Pampera & Freeride) and have recently fitted a rear to my 350 EXC-F trail bike.

I'm very happy with them, they're easy to fit if you follow the instructions, BUT I'm not sufficiently confident to leave my tyre levers and spare tube at home. Plus I carry a tubeless repair kit.

In short, I'd say that mousse is more fit-and-forget, so it depends how much you value the ability to control pressures.

Graham

MuddySully
400cc Thumper

Postby MuddySully » Fri May 13, 2016 9:21 am

Thanks for the feedback Graham, I will check out the video soon.
Can you let me know where you purchased your TUbliss from. I have found them listed on EBay, but only supplied from the US. I don't mind the wait and the price is not too bad.

Peter.

kevpg
400cc Thumper

Postby kevpg » Fri May 13, 2016 6:35 pm

Hi Peter,

I have also tried the tubliss system.

I was attracted to it over Mooses due to the ease of fitment and the ability to change pressures. I ride long distance trials as well as trail ride and use a soft carcass trials tyre on my bike running 12-14 psi for general trail riding and 6-8 psi for the ldt's hence it is important for me to be able to change pressures.
The tubliss was easy to fit and does offer very good grip with the low pressures, no tyre creep and removes the likely hood of pinch flats, not that I have ever had one.
I did however have a catastrophic failure with it on a ldt up in Wales, a very large thorn went through the tyre and the tubliss carcass and the inner high pressure tube resulting in us having to strip the entire system out and replace it with a conventional tube on the trail side, not ideal!
I do however put this down to the soft carcass of the trials tyre and strongly suspect that if you were using a enduro tyre then this would not happen. I know of other riders who use the system and have had punctures and have easily ridden the remainder of there days out.

So for me the tubliss/trials tyre combo doesn't work or rather I have lost confidence in it. However it does seem to work for many with a endure type tyre. If you fancy giving it a go then I have a little used second hand system for sale at a good price!

Kev

GDAS
LIFE member

Postby GDAS » Fri May 13, 2016 7:40 pm

MuddySully wrote:Thanks for the feedback Graham, I will check out the video soon.
Can you let me know where you purchased your TUbliss from. I have found them listed on EBay, but only supplied from the US. I don't mind the wait and the price is not too bad.

Peter.

There aren't many UK stockists, but these guys stock them for £95 each http://www.gear4motorcycles.co.uk/?i=Se ... &s=Tubliss

I've bought a couple from Sergio at http://swazicowboyz-shop.de/tubliss/ and I think he's the official UK distributor even though he's in Germany (shipping is pretty quick); price depends on the EUR exchange rate but usually in the region of £90.

TRF Member Colin Blackburn (user cee-b on the main TRF forum) occasionally imports batches directly from Neutech USA, here's an example http://www.trf.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=20939

Unlikely, but it you come across any for sale that look super cheap, make sure they're Generation 2, the first generation had some major flaws I believe.

As Kev says, if you're using a tyre with sufficiently strong sidewalls, you can ride with zero psi, and even if the inner bladder punctures, you stand a chance of being able to carry on, as this video from Ross Hall shows:
https://youtu.be/oUW9Y3HxXbg [Ross was a big fan of TUbliss, did a lot of work promoting it on Youtube and various forums, sadly he lost his life in an enduro last November]

Graham

Dominic
500cc MXER

Postby Dominic » Fri May 13, 2016 9:33 pm

I've been using tubliss for over 2 years now and absolutely love them. Never tried with a trials tyre but always worked very with with enduro tyres. I have not had to deal with a puncture yet so maybe I've just been lucky

mudeevee
750 flat tracker

Postby mudeevee » Sat May 14, 2016 12:03 am

But, Dom, to be fair your bike has lived in storage and lounge for the last 2 years [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Dominic
500cc MXER

Postby Dominic » Sat May 14, 2016 11:08 pm

That is true. You mean not everyone keeps their bikes in the lounge?

MuddySully
400cc Thumper

Postby MuddySully » Mon May 16, 2016 7:12 am

Kev,

I tried to send you a PM but it is stuck in my outbox, not sure how to clear it so I guess it hasn't got to you. I had some questions about the "Little used set" that you mentioned in your post.
If you are going to the next club meet on the 24th then maybe you could bring them along, I could take a look and maybe we could do a deal.

Peter.

Return to “Motorbike Technical & Tips”