Parts near Sutton

Post and discuss good dirt bike shops and garages
Marsh
50cc Fizzy

Parts near Sutton

Postby Marsh » Thu May 11, 2017 4:58 pm

I'll hopefully be going out on my first TRF outing on Sunday, so I'm working through the list of things to bring. Most things are easy enough to find, but a few I'm assuming will need to come from a proper bike shop, spare tube, levers etc.

Any recommendations in the Sutton area?

Billy
woz bus pass

Re: Parts near Sutton

Postby Billy » Thu May 11, 2017 10:18 pm

E.Bay.

Dominic
500cc MXER

Postby Dominic » Fri May 12, 2017 9:48 am

Hey Marsh, I only speak for myself but a puncture on the trails is best solved by being recovered back to home. I find changing a tyre hard work when I am in my garage with the right tools and no other riders breathing down my neck.... I would hate to change a tyre/tube on the trails. The exception would be an away trip where going home is not really possible. Again, I only speak for myself as riders do regularly fix punctures on the trails.

ShaunGASGAS300

Postby ShaunGASGAS300 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:51 am

Regards punctures, take some tyre sealant gel stuff. It will do for a small puncture to at least let you ride home. OR get mousses fitted if that's a worry.

Marsh
50cc Fizzy

Postby Marsh » Fri May 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, I think I'll go for the AA card approach for now. I got my list of stuff from here (http://www.surreytrf.org.uk/new-members ... questions/), it might be worth adding a note saying optional to the puncture repair stuff?

smokinrider
250cc Trail Rider

Postby smokinrider » Fri May 12, 2017 1:35 pm

So 5 mins or a few miles into a ride you get a flat. Are you seriously going to chuck the towel in and sit around for 2 hours for the AA or get on and fix it and carry on?

Riding time is precious and hard to come by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokinrider
250cc Trail Rider

Postby smokinrider » Fri May 12, 2017 1:35 pm

So 5 mins or a few miles into a ride you get a flat. Are you seriously going to chuck the towel in and sit around for 2 hours for the AA or get on and fix it and carry on?

burls
400cc Thumper

Postby burls » Fri May 12, 2017 2:14 pm

As has been said, get yourself a small can of tyre sealant (the repair stuff rather than the preventative.) Its will get you round and home as long as you don't tear a side wall. Most car / bike shops sell it. Agree with Dominic, changing a tyre is a PIA when you're out. Remember to run lower pressures in your tubes than you would normally for the road. Usually 14-15 psi for laning but the ground is really hard so I'd go slightly firmer say 16-18 to avoid a pinch.

Dominic
500cc MXER

Postby Dominic » Fri May 12, 2017 4:15 pm

smokinrider wrote:So 5 mins or a few miles into a ride you get a flat. Are you seriously going to chuck the towel in and sit around for 2 hours for the AA or get on and fix it and carry on?

Like I said, I only speak for myself.

Return to “Suppliers & Service”